H4518 carb solenoid

Chevyluver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey I just bought a h4518 lawn mower with a 46"deck. The Solenoid on the bottom o the carb is shot, my question is this, can I just make a plate to cover the hole and remove the solenoid? If I take it out and manually move it to the open position it will say running for quite a while. But if I leave it alone for a while, it wont start. Thanks for any help you all can give me :)

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey I just bought a h4518 lawn mower with a 46"deck. The Solenoid on the bottom o the carb is shot, my question is this, can I just make a plate to cover the hole and remove the solenoid? If I take it out and manually move it to the open position it will say running for quite a while. But if I leave it alone for a while, it wont start. Thanks for any help you all can give me :)

Yes you can..! but remember its there for a good reason, (SAFETY) to cut off the fuel when not in use. You would be advised to renew it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree, replacing it is the best answer. I know that money is very tight, but it still amazes me that people will sacrifice safety. If the unit ever has to go into a shop for work, they will have to deny the job or replace it due the law and liability reasons.