GT2544 Hour Meter dies and now when I start it it blows the 5 amp fuse.

BudMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / GT2544 Hour Meter dies and now when I start it it blows the 5 amp fuse.
Hi All, My hour meter died on my GT2544. It still ran, but now when I go to start it, as soon as the motor engages, the 5 amp fuse blows. Is this related to the Hour meter. Do I ned to replace it?
Thanks,
Bud

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be part of the problem, but you’ll have to do some electrical troubleshooting to solve this one. Here is the wiring schematic for your unit. I would start by disconnecting the hour meter from the circuit and try the unit. For an experienced tech this could be a 15 minute fix or a 3 hour trace and test. I wouldn’t throw any parts at it until I found the cause. Hour meter is $125.00+.

BudMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could be part of the problem, but you’ll have to do some electrical troubleshooting to solve this one. Here is the wiring schematic for your unit. I would start by disconnecting the hour meter from the circuit and try the unit. For an experienced tech this could be a 15 minute fix or a 3 hour trace and test. I wouldn’t throw any parts at it until I found the cause. Hour meter is $125.00+.
Thanks for your help, I'll give it a look. My gut tells me that when I power washed it the meter got wet. When I pulled it I could see moisture inside. I appreciate your help.,
Bud

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Might be your problem, but I have my doubts. I’m think a short somewhere else, thanks why I never assume anything when troubleshooting electrical problems. I test, test and test again until I’m pretty sure I’ve found the problem. Remember most places will not do a refund on electrical components.

BudMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
THANKS!