GT225 need to replace the deck

Elroyflynn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Too many many bumps against stumps. The deck has already been reshaped and rewelded once. I think that now I'll need to replace it.

Questions:
1. I can't find a model number on the deck. Either it's gone or never was there. Where would it normally be? How can I figure out the model number, without finding it on the deck?

2. Where's the best place to buy a replacement deck? used would be ok.

JamieL1

Forum Newbie
Threads
is it a 48 inch cut?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
42. I think that it is model AM128570. The local JD dealer says it's unavailable. I've tried a couple of other sources but no luck.
You will spend more money on a new deck than the mower is worth. It must be really beat up to not be able to be improved. Is it solid or have lots of holes and rust/weak spots?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fix for decks is to get some scrap 1/2 reo bar
Weld it to the deck in the skid plate groove
Start at the rear of the discharge chute
Then heat the bar and bend it to the front of the chute and tack again
Continue in this mannar till you have encircled the entire deck
Depending upon which exact variation of the decks you have, some require a bit of grinding around the gauge wheel brackets
I probably do 2 or 3 a year like this
Once done the deck will never bend again but may rip the hanger housing off so keep your eyes on it .
Even if you have to hire an oxy set it is a worthwhile modification
You can do it with an electric welder but getting a good weld between the 1/2" diameter bar and the thin deck pressing without blowing holes in the deck takes quite a bit of skill using arc but is dead easy with gas .
I use coat hangers for filler rod after the rim is tacked into position

Olustee bus

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought I needed a deck. Try Facebook Market place. I see lots of mower parts there.