Engine gt1554

jdr1972

Forum Newbie
Threads
i need help. i have a 27 hp kohler courage in my gt1554 cub cadet. it was given to me and used last year but now all the teeth are gone on the flywheel ring gear. can anyone tell me if any other flywheel will fit on it? it is a SV740s

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can drill a straight hole then you can replace it. They sell just the theeth part. You drill out the rivets and use the included screws and bolts to attach the new one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Kohler us the same fywheel casting on just about everything they made this century
The Courage engines had a thicker crank so the hole is bigger and they will not fit
The Courage flywheels come with a few different magnet layouts which will affect the charging.

Got a funny feeling the teeth are cast in on Kohlers but I could be wrong.

If all the teeth are worn off yours there is a problem with your starter.
The teeth of the starter are softer than the teeth on the flywheel so the easily replaceable ear on the starter motor is the one usually replaced.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
:welcome:

Kohler us the same fywheel casting on just about everything they made this century
The Courage engines had a thicker crank so the hole is bigger and they will not fit
The Courage flywheels come with a few different magnet layouts which will affect the charging.

Got a funny feeling the teeth are cast in on Kohlers but I could be wrong.

If all the teeth are worn off yours there is a problem with your starter.
The teeth of the starter are softer than the teeth on the flywheel so the easily replaceable ear on the starter motor is the one usually replaced.

You are correct sir.