Export thread

Greetings from Western New York

R

rad14701

Recently joined and figured I'd provide an introduction... I have been using and repairing lawn mowers and other small engine equipment since I was 8 years old, almost 50 years ago... Experienced a 25 year hiatus back when I rented in town... Things changed a LOT during that hiatus...!!! Now that I am a homeowner I have a wide variety of power equipment... I have been a self-employed IT Tech/Consultant since 1989 but prefer working with my hangs and/or being outdoors... Unfortunately, one of my medications makes me photosensitive so Old Sol has become my evil nemesis...

I currently have a Husqvarna YTH-2348 riding mower that I mow several acres with which takes some 4.5 hours to complete... It takes a lot of abuse and has held up fairly well over the last 9 years... With the rough rolling landscape I run chains on the rear wheels most of the time, otherwise the machine just sits and spins far too often...

I'm also a woodie... I love harvesting my own firewood and use a wood stove as my primary source of heat, with natural gas forced air as secondary heat... I have amassed a nice collection of axes, splitting mauls, mauls and sledges, wedges, a 1 or 2 man tree saw, Homelite 42cc and Dolmar 64cc chainsaws, and a new Harbor Freight Predator 20 ton log splitter... The YTH-2348 has hauled many cords of various hardwoods out of the woods out back, using a Husqvarna 18 cubic foot swivel/dump trailer...

Add onto the list various weed whackers, chippers, tillers, carts, and whatever else and I have more than enough equipment to keep me busy...

Well, that's enough for now... Far too many other hobbies to list...

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have such a veteran lawn mower person among us :smile:

A

adal

a nice welcome to the forum
Alan

D

Diwali

Welcome! You have an interesting array of equipment!