Greetings from Smyrna, Georgia, U.S.

Old Doug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everybody. Smyrna is ~12 miles or 19 km from downtown Atlanta. My wife (high school teacher) and I (retired from field electrical services) are moving from a 'Midtown' Atlanta condominium to a 2.5 acre/1 hectare place, substantially wooded with 0.5 acres of grass to mow. There will be a lot of flower and vegetable garden, perhaps another 0.3 acres; I like to do things in a big way (put in 40,000+ flower bulbs in 1998, on a place we rented, for example).

I've read quite a few posts on this site, and I'm grateful for the knowledge and input from the people here. It's a 'minefield' out there when trying to find good quality outdoor equipment, dealer support, and parts availability. We live in the age of metal parts becoming plastic, and 'cheaper' being the primary objective and aim (sad to say). I'm 63, in reasonably good health, and planning on 20 or more years of intense outdoor work.

Cheers,

Doug

DaveTN

Threads
Hi and Welcome to LMF! I've got a friend who lives in Smyrna w/ her family. Also had a friend
who used to live N. of there in a little place called Dallas

Old Doug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Dave. I'm eager to try out some warmer-climate plants. Been more in the north most of my life - Ohio, and Canada for 9 years.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard !!