Greenworks 60v riding mower issue

markegailm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased the above riding mower this spring and was initially very pleased with it. However, the last 3 times I mowed, the blade stopped turning about 1/2 hour in to mowing the yard. All 3 times, if I let the mower sit (and presumably let the batteries cool down?) for 1/2 to 1 hour, the blade started working again. Note: the mower turns on, but the blades don't move when the problem occurs. Greenworks on the phone suggested re-booting and cooling the batteries (like putting them in the fridge?) Granted, it's WAY hot today, but one would think that a mower should work fine with temps in the 90 (heat index is around 106 right now--phew!) Actually, one would think that the mower would work in summer heat anywhere....

At any rate, does anyone have any ideas? Greenworks has said they might get back to me at the end of the week. Sigh.

GrumpyCat

Threads
Uh, it is a riding mower and the blades stop but you can still drive it back to it's storage? If so then it is not the battery but either the motor driving the blades or that motor's speed control. Your batteries are fine because they are still powering the traction motors. This is something the CSR on the phone should not have missed, but they are programmed to stick to a script, and the scripts are not all that smart.

I don't know your specific mower but have seen several battery-electric and all used separate motors for the blades and the traction (drive) wheels. My 21" SP EGo has a separate motor for self-propelled as does a 21" 80V Bad Boy.

cswain

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this mower. Blades will stop when clippings accumulate under the deck. Do you have an error code?