Greenworks 40V Elite Product Line ...

MowerMike

Threads
What is the Amp output on that C-400 ?? Let me guess, C-400 = 4Ah Output !!

4Ah charging a 6Ah battery = 1.5 hours
2.2Ah charging a 6Ah battery = 2.7 hours (darn close to my 3 hr est).

Well, the output from the chargers is Amps, not Ah (Amp hours), which is a measure of the battery capacity. But, yes, the output from the C-400 is in fact 4.0A, which is about 82% more than the 2.2A output from the C-220. Also, the current draw at the input from the AC mains is 2.6A, which is about 73% more than the 1.5A current draw of the C-220.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
not sure it really deserves a new thread....just wondering, anyone have a charger die yet? I just recycled one last weekend. I didn't open it up to see if there was anything 'obvious' wrong with it. I have bought a few GW tools and had a coupla 'spare' chargers anyway, I just took one out of the plastic and put into service in place of the dead one.

still using all of my original batteries - 6+ years old. I think the charger was from that same era...

dougmacm

Threads
Ended up buying my 1st Greenworks Elite Tool Kit and it arrived today … got the HT-240-T Hedge Trimmer for $134.00 + tax delivered (vs. $189.99 retail or $150 at most places).

Already having the 6Ah Elite battery, I wanted to get one of the 3Ah batteries as well. As almost all the Elite tools come with the 3Ah battery, I thought it made more sense to get one with a tool rather than pay $69 for the battery alone on ebay.

I've had a Ryobi 18V 18" bar Hedge Trimmer for 7 years that does pretty good, but this GW Elite has a 24" bar and has double the cut capacity (3/4" vs. 3/8").

Considering the GW has a 6" longer bar and double the power it is only 12% heavier: 7.47 lbs. vs. 6.68 lbs. (both with a 3Ah battery).

Also find it interesting that instead of having a smaller case for the Elite 3Ah battery like the G-Max 2.0/2.5Ah, they use the same case as the Elite 6Ah.

Will report back once I've had a chance to use it.

Was tempted to buy the HT-180-XR Pole Hedge Trimmer Kit instead (18" Bar / 5/8" max cut), as it is a tool I don't already have; it would have been $32 more + tax. I don't have any tall bushes around my property nor have I been in a situation where I wished I had one (unlike a pole chainsaw that I can't live without), so I did not feel like spending the extra $$.

Doug

MowerMike

Threads
You made the right decision by not getting the pole hedge trimmer, because it is a lot heavier and more cumbersome to use at close range. I have one, because I'm very short and can't easily reach the tops of my hedges. As to the 3.0 Ah battery using the same case as the 6.0 Ah, this makes economic sense and this practice is used on several other Greenworks batteries, such as the 60 volt line.