Great Idea for Enclosed Trailers!

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I had this little door custom made when I bought a new trailer years ago. It has been a life saver, no more gas cans bouncing around except my mixed gas. I can fill both mowers without moving the truck, or putting the back ramp down. I also had an extra vent put in but it still gets very hot.:laughing:

Dang thing cost me the same as a full size door because it was custom.:mad: Very well worth it, I would do it again for sure!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Gas Door.jpg
    Gas Door.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 98

benski

Threads
That's so painfully simple and brilliant at the same time!:thumbsup: Great idea!

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
That's so painfully simple and brilliant at the same time!:thumbsup: Great idea!

Much like my "Sprinkler Buddy", A cave-man should of thought of it.:laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had this little door custom made when I bought a new trailer years ago. It has been a life saver, no more gas cans bouncing around except my mixed gas. I can fill both mowers without moving the truck, or putting the back ramp down. I also had an extra vent put in but it still gets very hot.:laughing:

Dang thing cost me the same as a full size door because it was custom.:mad: Very well worth it, I would do it again for sure!:thumbsup:

If you think it was worth it, well I guess it was money well spent. I have a 6X12 aluminum utility trailer, wanted a way to carry gas cans, jack, tiedowns, etc in a secure spot. TSC was having a sale on 12 inch deep aluminum truck boxes, I used square U-bolts that slipped over the A-frame and go up into the box.

Cost: $106 for the truck box, $4 for 3 U-bolts. WELL WORTH THE EXPENSE. The inside depth is perfect for 5 gallon cans, and I use tool caddies as shown to hold small items. A deeper box would carry more, but I would be concerned about the rear bumper of my truck contacting the box on a tight turn.

Attachments

• New BB pics 563.jpg
    New BB pics 563.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 58
  • New BB pics 565.jpg
    New BB pics 565.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 53

jamesstatton14

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is a great idea for enclosed trailers. I have owned a few enclosed trailers in the past and I have sometimes thought of doing something similar to what you did. Can you be a little mroe specific about what exactly you did?