Repairs Grasshopper 321D out of fuel

llt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yesterday I ran out of diesel fuel, once I realized what I had done refueled. Got back on and nothing, won't crank at all. I did everything I could to help fuel problem without cranking, unhooked fuel solenoid, but machine would not crank. Even took starter off and had it checked out to be sure and it was fine. Is this a interlocking safety switch problem. I checked what I could without trying to find a short? Any Ideas?:confused2::confused2:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did it die while you were mowing. If so did you turn the blades off. Flip the switch or push in the big knob.

173abn

Threads
agree w/ILENGINE.Might be you did'nt shut your PTO off.Also you might have to bleed the air out the line...russ

llt

Forum Newbie
Threads
agree w/ILENGINE.Might be you did'nt shut your PTO off.Also you might have to bleed the air out the line...russ

The engine died, and then I shut off the PTO, numerous times. I was going to bleed the air out but engine wouldn't even crank over. I had also disconnected the fuel solenoid but nothing seems to help. I checked the battery and it tested 12.6 volts, so it appears good. Its really puzzling and the nearest dealer is 15 miles away..

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There would be an interlock in the pto switch, also a switch on each of the direction levers, and one one the parking brake lever if it has one.

llt

Forum Newbie
Threads
There would be an interlock in the pto switch, also a switch on each of the direction levers, and one one the parking brake lever if it has one.

I want to thank everybody for the help. I am sure it's a interlock switch but don't know how to test them for sure. but thanks to all. LLT