M meanpicker Forum Newbie Aug 21, 2013 #1 I have a gravely ZT 1534,everytime I make a turn the tires spin and tear up the lawn,what could be the problem?
I have a gravely ZT 1534,everytime I make a turn the tires spin and tear up the lawn,what could be the problem?
lawn mower fanatic Lawn Pro Aug 21, 2013 #2 That will happen. Try doing a Y-Turn instead. Making one tire stop when doing a 0 degree turn will cause your problem. (http://www.scag.com/images/Y-Turn_1.jpg)
That will happen. Try doing a Y-Turn instead. Making one tire stop when doing a 0 degree turn will cause your problem. (http://www.scag.com/images/Y-Turn_1.jpg)
Fish Lawn Pro Aug 21, 2013 #3 Try different variations of tire pressures, some tires are rougher than others, a flatter tire may perform better.
Try different variations of tire pressures, some tires are rougher than others, a flatter tire may perform better.
Ric Lawn Pro Aug 21, 2013 #4 Tire pressure on the rears should be 10 to 12lbs I'd start at 10 and see if that helps. As fish said sometimes a flatter tire will perform better and it will also improve the mower ride.
Tire pressure on the rears should be 10 to 12lbs I'd start at 10 and see if that helps. As fish said sometimes a flatter tire will perform better and it will also improve the mower ride.