Grass removal

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
HOw should I remove cut grass from my clintents house when all I have is a steel mesh cart that i pull behind my tractor should I build a big box to slid in it and what should I do with the grass after I remove it from there house and bring it to mine

Threads
I would either get a bigger trailer or expand yours by putting plywood or something to make it taller. Once you get it to your house you can put it in a compost pile. Or if you can somehow get it to a farm or municipal building that will take it. They might charge you for it, though, which is why compost would be better. Maybe if you got a lot of grass and leaves you could offer it to your customers for their gardens or something.

Lohman mows lawns

Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
I would either get a bigger trailer or expand yours by putting plywood or something to make it taller. Once you get it to your house you can put it in a compost pile.

I thought of that but I still have to put my 2 gas cans in and 2 push mowers and every now and then a very small rider but I was afraid putting the push mowers in ther with the grass would start a fire and I am very nerves with the gas so they stay far away from the muffelers

Threads
I thought of that but I still have to put my 2 gas cans in and 2 push mowers and every now and then a very small rider but I was afraid putting the push mowers in ther with the grass would start a fire and I am very nerves with the gas so they stay far away from the muffelers

Maybe you could build something to go under the cart to store the gas? Or you could build a little rack off the back of the cart to hold the gas. Or build a "tray" at the front of the cart? Or get a bigger trailer so you can space things out more.
OR you could just carry a fire extinguisher with you so you don't have to worry about things catching on fire! :wink:

D2hornets58

Threads
I have a trailer that I pull behind my atv. When i have the cart full of grass i just put the push mower on top of all the grass. I take everything off the trailer then fill it with grass then put everything back in ontop of the grass.

Threads
I have a trailer that I pull behind my atv. When i have the cart full of grass i just put the push mower on top of all the grass. I take everything off the trailer then fill it with grass then put everything back in ontop of the grass.

Where do you dump yours...into a compost pile?

D2hornets58

Threads
I have a couple places behind my house that I have piles where i dump the grass and leaves. One of my customers also has an empty lot behind her house and she lets me dump grass there.

Threads
I have a couple places behind my house that I have piles where i dump the grass and leaves. One of my customers also has an empty lot behind her house and she lets me dump grass there.

OK. Do you bag it all the time or just in the fall? I would assume it would be a big pile if you did it all year!!

D2hornets58

Threads
OK. Do you bag it all the time or just in the fall? I would assume it would be a big pile if you did it all year!!

Ya i bag all the time. Two of my customers have a spot to dump the grass then i use my other customers lot so between all of those and behind my house the piles aren't to big but some of them are pretty big.