got a TORO for free!!!

sean'sengines

Threads
I picked up a Toro 11/42 from my friend for free. (he just bought a John Deere D110) It runs, GREAT, needs an oil change, carb clean, and new spark plug, you know, the usual, but there are some problems with the tensioner pulley on the deck. It is loose so it's throwing a belt. Other than that, what are some other things I should look for?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad you got a machine :biggrin: :thumbsup: -- not a Toro guy, but I'm sure you'll get some answers ! If there is a Toro Forum, you might want to put this there too !

Good Luck !

fastback

Threads
Free is good. One thing you should look for is moose:laughing: If the machine has a standard transmission you may want to change the oil. This is one area of the tractor people tend to overlook. Other than that it sounds like you have it under control.

sean'sengines

Threads
Well, I found why the engine was a bit knocky under starting and why the PTO was slipping and burning the belt. One of the engine mount bolts is sheared and the engine moves about 1" all around. So, I need to go get a grade 8 bolt tomorrow at ACE.

I'm going to do an engine oil change as soon as I get the new bolt in, but how about changing the oil in the dif? Yes, it's a 5speed manual tranny. And what should I use for fluid to put back in there. Anyone have pics or a video of where the plugs are and how to do it?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have model # and serial# you can probably get manual and parts drawings from Toro web site -- Good Luck ! :thumbsup: