tom3

Hurry up 2021!gleason happy new year.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

nope, tomorrow will be 12/32/20........

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

nope, tomorrow will be 12/32/20........
Some of that new common core math there?

StarTech

StarTech

Yelp...2020 just wont go away just like the darn election mess or the darn Covid19 virus. I be so glad to get all this mess behind anyone. I lost more income in last year than the previous 10 yrs. I finished 2020 in the red so I worked all of 2020 for nothing.

3yrs, 6 months to the rocking chair money so I think about quitting this repair business and all the headaches it brings. Be my luck I won't even be able to buy just one rocker.

B

bertsmobile1

Not the best year down here either but I have a large proportion of my income from parts.
Thus when every one was at home, digging out the old mowers from the back of the shed that they were going to fix up, 10 years ago, a lot came to me for free advice & naturally I sold them lots of parts.
Been trying to boost parts sales for a while which is why I under cut the big online retailers ( don't try to match the evilpay scammers )
This year better than 1/2 the income was from strait parts sales.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Covid has been a pain in the butt but after going over the books i am doing OK. Besides Larrys Service Center which is my snall engine shop i have another small one man business, Audio Excellence Consulting. I design and install A/V systems in churches. Since the lockdown hit just about every church has wanted to do some sort of streaming of services. I was swamped with work. Biggest issue was getting equipment, especially cameras. I am also doing handyman work. While most people were sitting at home watching TV i have been busier than ever. Even today i have work to get done plus i have a list of people wanting handyman work done. Older widows will gladly pay $40hr to fix a leaky toilet or change a light fixture or install a dishwasher. When the covid thing goes away i will ptobably start saying No more to the handyman stuff.

R

Rivets

Won’t even be getting a W-2 this year, as the COVID changed everything. Sat down with the owner in March and we decided to let the young guns do the majority of the work. They have families and as most of you know that was tough enough without COVID. Went in three or four times to troubleshoot electrical problems, but didn’t punch in. He’s been very good to me over the last 12 years and it was time to give back, so he can keep the young guys working and business going. Will have to decide if this retirement will be permanent in 2021. For many 2021 can only be better, hope you are all in that category.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Good luck Rivets! I know many people's livelihood has been devastated by the pandemic. I count myself to be very blessed that i wasn't. When my wife shattered her femur back in March and i became a 24/7 nurse for 3 months if it wasn't for others helping me while trying to run 2 small businesses and take care of her not sure how i would have made it. One of our friends works as a hairdresser. She got laid off and had to sit at home and not make any income.They heat with wood and could not afford to buy firewood so a few of us from church cut up a few cords for them. We did it for a few others too. I know i have been less affected than a lot of other people and have tried to do some things to pay it forward.

R

Rivets

I’ll be just fine. I was born when Truman was president, oldest in a family of 12, and have been through polio, SARS, Ebola, Cold War, resession, etc. Learned a long time ago that when you pay it forward you don’t have to worry about the future. Biggest problem I have now is trying to stay busy. Honey do list only has two things on it and Honey says “your driving me nuts, find something to do.” She’s even start telling her friends that “I’m a handyman with tools“ to get me out of her way.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

your driving me nuts, find something to do.” She’s even start telling her friends that “I’m a handyman with tools“ to get me out of her way.

LOL

StarTech

StarTech

Well I don't have that problem at least. Never got married and became miserable like all my friends that did.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Well I don't have that problem at least. Never got married and became miserable like all my friends that did.
Mine has put up with me for 37 years. No regrets.

StarTech

StarTech

And I wish you at least another 37 yrs. I am glad to see marriages that are success. I just couldn't one that I could trust.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Does Mrs. Hammer hit stuff with a Rolling Pin ??

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

You know you got a good one when you ask her to go to the bank and get $500 cash to buy a gun and she just says "OK"

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

You know you got a good one when you ask her to go to the bank and get $500 cash to buy a gun and she just says "OK"
Hey man! Not bad at all!
Most people need to use the excuse " I ordered you a bunch of jewelry. And this AR rifle just showed up"

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Does Mrs. Hammer hit stuff with a Rolling Pin ??
Where the hammer mechanic thing comes from.
My father born in 1911 worked in an eastern Kentucky coal mine and worked as a maint mechanic for the CCC during the depression then a millwrighttill he retired. Tools were hard to come by and you had to take care of the ones you had. Anyone who misused tools like using a screwdriver for a pry bar or a cold cheisel he called a hammer mechanic. When i was a kid he drilled into me to take care of your tools. When i didn't he would say "There ya go being a damn hammer mechanic again". Of course it just made his day when he found a screwdriver in the yard with the lawnmower.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Hey man! Not bad at all!
Most people need to use the excuse " I ordered you a bunch of jewelry. And this AR rifle just showed up"
Her favorite line used to be "What did that cost?" Now she just says "You got another box."

B

bertsmobile1

I’ll be just fine. I was born when Truman was president, oldest in a family of 12, and have been through polio, SARS, Ebola, Cold War, resession, etc. Learned a long time ago that when you pay it forward you don’t have to worry about the future. Biggest problem I have now is trying to stay busy. Honey do list only has two things on it and Honey says “your driving me nuts, find something to do.” She’s even start telling her friends that “I’m a handyman with tools“ to get me out of her way.

Good luck.

I am the contact point for the local BSA club and this year I would have had near 100 wives ringing looking for projects that could never get finished & ridden , to get "im" out of my kitchen.

B

Born2Mow

I thought the Covid stay-at-home drill was bad until we reached November. Boy was I wrong. I live in Georgia and ALL that's on any radio station is political ads, often back to back to back to back. They've totally displaced all the ads for ED treatments and weight loss... which is saying something !!

So now I sit quarantined in my home and every 3 seconds is "She lied", "He can't be trusted", "He'll vote to kill the sacred purple mosquito". It's hard enough to be shut-in, but now I'm nothing more than a prisoner audience. THIS is cruel and unusual punishment !!!

Good riddance 2020 !

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I thought the Covid stay-at-home drill was bad until we reached November. Boy was I wrong. I live in Georgia and ALL that's on any radio station is political ads, often back to back to back to back. They've totally displaced all the ads for ED treatments and weight loss... which is saying something !!

So now I sit quarantined in my home and every 3 seconds is "She lied", "He can't be trusted", "He'll vote to kill the sacred purple mosquito". It's hard enough to be shut-in, but now I'm nothing more than a prisoner audience. THIS is cruel and unusual punishment !!!

Good riddance 2020 !
They make this thing called the mute button......?

tom3

tom3

Mute and freeze, for lloud commercials that start the full screen white flashing and running 2 second clips. One drawback to a big screen TV and a sound system.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

One election was so bad with the mud slinging that it ruined my TV
Just couldn't get all the mud out.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

What saddens me is how many great artist we lost in 2020. Jerry Jeff Walker was one of my favorites.
But 2020 didn't get ole Willie.

logert gogert

logert gogert

I dont think 2021 is gonna be any better...

StarTech

StarTech

With all the embalming fluid Willie has in his system we may not know when he kicks the bucket as he won't fall down easily. That has has been a problem at work too as workers are dying but not falling down lately but seems to come back to life at 5PM each workday.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

What saddens me is how many great artist we lost in 2020. Jerry Jeff Walker was one of my favorites.
But 2020 didn't get ole Willie.
i don't think anything will ever get willie.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

i don't think anything will ever get willie.

I think he's at least "mildly" preserved. HA HA HA HA HA

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

With all the embalming fluid Willie has in his system we may not know when he kicks the bucket as he won't fall down easily. That has has been a problem at work too as workers are dying but not falling down lately but seems to come back to life at 5PM each workday.

I get that. I'm usually full of piss and vingar in the mornings. Then lunch time comes around, whether I eat lunch or not, I just tend to slack off till the tire guys leave at 5. Then I'm back to rock & rolling til about 7 or 8pm.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

One election was so bad with the mud slinging that it ruined my TV
Just couldn't get all the mud out.

About the only time I watch TV is when I'm going to bed. And since I only really care to see old black & white noir classics, I've turned to youtube. .Almost no commercials. And when there is one, I can wait 5 seconds and then skip them.
When I was on Dish, I was a DVR fanatic. If there was something live I wanted to watch, I wait about 15 minutes after it started to watch it. Just so I could skip through the commercials.
I can't stand commercials. .

B

bertsmobile1

Decades ago we got broken into and they took just about everything ( which wasn't much ) including the B & W TV
As we were both working full time & studying part time we decided to leave the telly and get one of them new fang dangle colour ones a bit latter.
Well it was near 15 years latter when we did that and in retrospect we did not miss it .
What did happen is my co-workers kept sniggering behind my back , continually asking about me getting lucy the previous night.
My teachers kept asking how come I was getting assignments in on time & the students could not believe they were getting their homework back the following week & I was in such a good mood.

Finally the penny dropped .
Down here if you do a science degree , you have to do a compulsory single year humanities subject in years 2,3 & 4.
One of those was phyche . and during one of those sessions we were taught that the mind is most receptive to suggestion in an anxious or depressed state .
Thus the media deliberately tries to depress the viewers or make them feel anxious .
Even the comedy shows, depict people we can identify with who always seem to have better jobs, more free time, no financial problems, bigger better houses or cars & significantly better personnal relationships ..
Thus the TV rarely gets turned on and one died because the lack of use allowed corrosion to happen on the contacts .
A good friends wife, who has a PhD in vet science always uses the line "Too much TV can necrotize your cerebral tissue " when people start to discuss TV shows at work .
Or as a passenger in my taxi once said at 3am on a rainy night "why sit at home & watch some one elses perversion of life when you can go out & have one for yourself "

As for people dieing
Remember there was this thing called the post war baby boom
Well the boomers are all past their use by date so there must be a corresponding baby boomers dieing peak.
Thus we see a lot of the entertainers, educators or even celebrities of our youth dieing on a daily basis

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

WHAT! I am past my expiration date? Well that just ruined my whole day.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

See you later............ maybe........?

R

Rivets

It’s a use by date, not expiration date. You’ll have to stick around awhile, because the expiration date is unknown. Sorry for the bad news.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

It’s a use by date, not expiration date. You’ll have to stick around awhile, because the expiration date is unknown. Sorry for the bad news.
Whew. Glad not expired. Just smell that way.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Think of it as a level. I'm almost to level 51.

It sounds a lot better. LoL

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Think of it as a level. I'm almost to level 51.

It sounds a lot better. LoL
I guess i am at level 63 but don't feel a day over 70. Couple years ago i almost called the police on some old guy intruder in my house. Then i realized i was just seeing myself in a mirror.

StarTech

StarTech

I guess i am at level 63 but don't feel a day over 70. Couple years ago i almost called the police on some old guy intruder in my house. Then i realized i was just seeing myself in a mirror.
The way law enforcement is shooting first and then asking questions later it is good that you didn't call.

A neighbor recently had the county sheriff to knock on his door in the middle of the night insisting they got a call from him. Not fun to awaken and answer the door, to only have a gun in your face while they search your home for no reason just because some two year old kid down the street dialed 911.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Should've tackled him.....

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

The way law enforcement is shooting first and then asking questions later it is good that you didn't call.

A neighbor recently had the county sheriff to knock on his door in the middle of the night insisting they got a call from him. Not fun to awaken and answer the door, to only have a gun in your face while they search your home for no reason just because some two year old kid down the street dialed 911.
I have a good relationship with the police in my little town. I am the guy that made them and the volunteer fire dept flags
1609860436308.jpg
And have told them they can park in my driveway anytime they want. They also know that probably 9 out of 10 homes have firearms in them. I am not too concerned.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I have a good relationship with the police in my little town. I am the guy that made them and the volunteer fire dept flags
View attachment 55205
And have told them they can park in my driveway anytime they want. They also know that probably 9 out of 10 homes have firearms in them. I am not too concerned.

I back the good blue. Not all of the blue.

tom3

tom3

Good thing you didn't punch him. Bloody knuckles and seven years bad luck, that'd be eight including 2020.