Export thread

Good used deck price

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Just wondering what some of you folks would charge for a good used 50" mower deck. I found the one I need. But the guy wants $150 for it. That seems a little steep. But have heard that's actually cheap.

The mower it's going on is about 10 years old.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

If it's in good condition, jump on it. I've seen good used 42" decks for 200-250 here.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

What brand? JD decks in good condition go for around 200 to 300 for the LT stuff. For a GT or bigger stuff 500 and up if in good shape. Sears Crapsman, MTD, AYP, Murray and the like about 100.
Last time i priced out just the deck shell for a 42" Crapsman it was 500 for the bare deck. By the time you added spindles, blades, wheels and a belt plus labor something like 800. Customer just bought a new cheapo mower.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

What brand? JD decks in good condition go for around 200 to 300 for the LT stuff. For a GT or bigger stuff 500 and up if in good shape. Sears Crapsman, MTD, AYP, Murray and the like about 100.
Last time i priced out just the deck shell for a 42" Crapsman it was 500 for the bare deck. By the time you added spindles, blades, wheels and a belt plus labor something like 800. Customer just bought a new cheapo mower.

Good grief. How do you folks stay in business paying those prices? I suppose I need to jump on this deck, for $150.

Thanks for all the info, guys.