Export thread

Good sales

D

david80

Is there a time of year when you can expect to find the best sales prices on a new mower? Maybe like Memorial day or something? I am really hoping to get a good price for my first mower because we need a weed eater, shovels, rakes, etc. as well. Too bad no one will sell all this stuf in a package. They could call it the new homeowner package lol. :laughing:

K

KennyV

Is there a time of year when you can expect to find the best sales prices on a new mower?

Usually it would be at the end of the season... going into winter..

But there are often spring sales. So since you have already missed the end of last mowing season, keep an eye out for pre-season start up sales... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

JDgreen

Is there a time of year when you can expect to find the best sales prices on a new mower? Maybe like Memorial day or something? I am really hoping to get a good price for my first mower because we need a weed eater, shovels, rakes, etc. as well. Too bad no one will sell all this stuf in a package. They could call it the new homeowner package lol. :laughing:

Interesting concept you have, "New Homeowner Package Special this weekend only", no down and EZ terms, just pay, pay, pay later.

Sears is already advertising lawn care equipment in their local sales flyer, and stores are setting out seed packets and hoses, etc. This with a foot of snow on the ground here...to me it's akin to putting out Xmas decorations the day after Halloween is over....:confused2:

SouthCentral

SouthCentral

Every manufacturer has sales going on during the mowing season as well as at the end of the year when you can get good prices on left over equipment, a demo machine or something like that. I usually look for coupon offers or if financing the 0% offers which seem to be year-long offers these days.

S

Shaun

I like the idea of the new homeowner package! You might check out local home improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot as they often have same as cash financing for large purchases for 6 months or so.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I like the idea of the new homeowner package! You might check out local home improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot as they often have same as cash financing for large purchases for 6 months or so.

Lowes is LOW when customer service is important. My dad in law spent $2500 for a JD lawn tractor and rear bagger there last year, he lives less thana mile away and they wanted to charge him $50 for delivery. What a ripoff. He called me and I took my utility trailer over. He said he will never buy from them again. CHEAP SONS OF A FEMALE CANINE.

A

abeja_reina_1989

Sales are always pretty amazing towards the end of the year, because most people don't buy mowers in the fall or winter. If you can find a company that has overstock or is going out of business, that can be a great time for you as well.

H

Harriet

You might check with a local lawn and garden shop that repairs mowers. They often have used models that people have put on consignment. I sold a mower that way once.

J

jenkinsph

Well it is mid Febuary and the new stuff is starting to hit the stores, at this point I suspect you will need it soon regardless of the time of year the sales are best. Congrats on the new home.:thumbsup:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Just went out to get the newspaper, Sears sale insert in todays paper lists a Friday/Saturday sale and three rear bag push mowers (non self propelled) are advertised. Prices range from $179.88 to $199.88 to $219.88, the two higher priced models have 190cc 6.75 torque rated engines. Models are 07138814, 07138903, and 07138911. You can probably find them one the Sears website, as says they are 2010 closeout models, quantities limited. Prices are fairly good, IMO.

B

BlueGrass

I always look in the fall. October is usually a pretty good month for us to look but I know they have deals around May/April too. You have to look around and for that I would suggest surfing the internet. It's a lot easier and you don't waste gas going from store to store.