Going rate?

bret

Threads
What is the going rate for plowing? I have an average driveway and we are looking into a service but I do not want to pay too much, but don't want to underpay and get poor service either.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the going rate for plowing? I have an average driveway and we are looking into a service but I do not want to pay too much, but don't want to underpay and get poor service either.

WHAT is "average"? How long, how wide, gravel, grass, or paved? Can the snow be pushed to the back or does it have to go out to the street? My step mom pays a fellow church member $25 to clear hers, her drive is only 70 feet long by 20 feet wide, paved...and the guys pushes the snow to the side of the road. I think that is really fair. If it's a straight run with no obstructions it should cost less than a curved run with things in the way. Some drives can be done pushing in from the street and piling it in the side yard. I do five of my neighbors drives, they are all different and take varied times, it even depends on how the snow has drifted. I think $30 to $35 is the minimum, period, up to double that for a big drive with deep snow.

indypower

Threads
Rates vary widely. Landscapers can fetch a minimum of $75 per plow while they everyday guy who has a plow may charge $30 for the same size drive. The everyday guy ususally charges per storm and may have to plow it 3 times for that 1 storm. The landscaper would charge $75 every time he plows it. All depends on your location and the price of gas.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rates vary widely. Landscapers can fetch a minimum of $75 per plow while they everyday guy who has a plow may charge $30 for the same size drive. The everyday guy ususally charges per storm and may have to plow it 3 times for that 1 storm. The landscaper would charge $75 every time he plows it. All depends on your location and the price of gas.

In my area, most commercial driveway plowers only come thru once as they have other clients and cannot return.

bret

Threads
I have an average sized driveway, they can pus the snow off to the side of my property and I was quoted $35 by one guy and $95 by another so I was kinda looking at what others pay. I wonder if the $35 is as good as the $95.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an average sized driveway, they can pus the snow off to the side of my property and I was quoted $35 by one guy and $95 by another so I was kinda looking at what others pay. I wonder if the $35 is as good as the $95.

Only way to learn what you get for $35 is GO FOR IT. And might be a stupid chunk of advice on my part, but did you MARK YOUR DRIVEWAY for obstructions, things that might be buried under the snow, like a well head or electric box? You know where they are, your plower doesn't.