Export thread

Gasoline drips from carb throat when not in use LB 5239 ?????

F

franchi

Hi All:

How may I stop the gas from dripping from the carb throat while my 5239 is not running? In the past, I have changed the needle and seat, adjusted the float height and checked float for gasoline l fouling . What am I missing? If I fail to shut the tank off, the entire tank will empty.

Tia,

Franchi

R

Rivets

Sounds to me like the float needle is not seating. Did you use part number 92-9697? If it came into the shop I would replace the needle and seat again, plus the carb gasket #98-1362. If the carb is slightly warped the gasket may not be sealing the float bowl, keeping the needle from seating. Only other solution is to find a different carb, which is no longer available.

G

Got-to-be-old

Sounds to me like the float needle is not seating. Did you use part number 92-9697? If it came into the shop I would replace the needle and seat again, plus the carb gasket #98-1362. If the carb is slightly warped the gasket may not be sealing the float bowl, keeping the needle from seating. Only other solution is to find a different carb, which is no longer available.

What he just said, that's the way it is. I totally agree.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Most gravity-fed engines have a fuel shut off valve in the fuel line between the carburetor and gas tank. They're cheap and usually easy to install.

R

Rivets

He has a shut off valve, which is only a band aid, needs to rebuild the carb.

cpurvis

cpurvis

He has a shut off valve, which is only a band aid, needs to rebuild the carb.

It already has a fuel shut off valve? Then use it.