Export thread

Gas use per hour approx on Kohler Confidant 725cc on Titan Mower

Appreciate any replies. Am looking at a new Toro ZX4800 Titan with 21hp Kohler Confidant, (I believe) weight is approx 777 lbs.

Anyone know what kinda use a gallon of gas will get ? 1 hour or ?? (Just for ballpark idea).

Thank You in advance.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Depends on the load on the motor. Tall wet grass will increase it . My 1100 pound zmaster with a 27 HP Kohler uses about 1.5 to 1 3/4 gallon a hour.

True indeed about load conditions.

Thank You for your reply,
that is much better on gas for your Z Master that I would have guessed, plus I thought they weighed more.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Your welcome The book says 1100 but not sure its with the optional weights which mine has

Understood ,so the weight is listed in your owners book. I have been searching for accurate weight of this ZX4800, only place I found it was on an Austrailian site in Kg.

So that might not even be correct, IDK for sure.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Yes its in my book . Think it was listed as dry shipping weight .

Excellent, I have to simply ask my Toro Dealer then. That would be dry ship weight. Pretty sure about that part.

& no battery for shipping. I know this since they opened the ship box for my Timecutter as I watched & was told no fluids or battery.

Thank You again. :thumbsup:

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

The engine powering the Toro Titan ZX4800 is a twin cylinder, 4 stroke Kohler Courage. This engine has a maximum power output of 23 hp. The engine has a total size of 0.725 liters. A good sign that this Titan ZX4800 lawn mower is popular among commercial/professional users is the fact that the fuel tank has the capacity to hold up to 18.9 liters (5 US gallons) of gasoline meaning that it doesn’t need to be refueled often.

The total weight of the Toro Titan ZX4800 comes to 340.2 kg (740 lbs). The Toro ZX4800 comes with a 3 year limited warranty to those purchasing it for personal residential use only.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Got this off toro site hope it helps

That's better yet, :thumbsup: I been all over Toro's site online & could find no weight listed. You must know where to look.

The 2016 model I was testing at local Toro Dealer has a Kohler Confidant 21 hp (74861). aka 725cc. Centered gas tank under the seat. 3100 wheel motors w/charge pumps.

This will just be for personal use here.

Yes it helps a lot. Thank You very much.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Hope you love it as much as I love my z masters. I use mine commercial have 3 one with a ton of hours.

Very cool, my buddy has a 2009 Z Master 52" I love when he lets me use it.

I know the test ride was when I was sold on this Titan. Now it's just a matter of haggling over my TimeCutter 4260 in trade, since the Owner now wants it to replace his older 4200. He should NOT have told me that. :laughing: It's a family biz, that I been dealing with long time. Good folks, but we both wanna do best we can.

I only have 60 hours on the 4260 w/ Kaw engine.

We're close to a deal. I'm trying to get my research done prior to commitment. He low balled me with his offer (of course), & I laughed, so he said what do I want to get for mine. I told him & he said he could get very close to it. But I can see he has plans for up-grading his personal old 4200 with my (2014) 4260. He used to laugh when I told him I wax mine prior to storage. Now he's not laughing.

RDA.Lawns- Let me correct some info I posted. Dry shipping weight DOES include the battery, engine oil & hydros full. No gas tho, of course. But those together make a difference.

My friend uncrates the new Toros, & I got to ask him in detail today.