Gas leaking from breather connection on carb

volky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Briggs model 31P977 Type 0635. I recently replaced the head gasket on this about two month's ago. Thanks to everyone's help here, it's been running well until today. Near the top of the carb, there's what I assume a crankcase breather tube connection. The gas is gravity fed to the carb, and it sat overnight and the tank was empty. It leaked out through the crank breather hose connection on the carb, it also filled the cylinder with gas. I got rid of this by removing the spark plug and cranking the engine. It does run, but lots of white smoke. Too much gas. I think the problem is at the carb breather connection, but the parts manual doesn't show anything. I had the air filter and shroud loose to get to the head bolts, but did not remove it. I may have messed something up.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The float valve is leaking and will require removing and cleaning the carb, as well as installing a carb repair kit. You didn't mention it but did you also drain the oil, since I suspect it is full of gas also. Sorry if I missed it if you did.