Garden Tractor

Regwal

Threads
I just acquired an older (she said 1969) Sears (may be David Bradley) 8HP garden tractor. Tractor starts on 1st pull (rope start) and idles down real good and smooth. I need to find information if possible on this tractor. I want to dis-assemble and paint, paint and install mower deck. I can probably figure it all out but have never seen a deck made like this one. I'm sure the tractor and deck go together or either someone spent time making very good welds. It all appears factory to me. Tractor has a lose frontend which needs attention. Not sure what is going on there yet, something simple I hope. I can't find any model number or make on it but decals are in decent shape. There is a plate under the seat but is not readable. She said it had a metal seat original but was removed in favor of a padded one.

Regwal

Threads
I found ID and used pencil tracing to get number. 917.25030 which is a 8hp compact (economy) tractor. Wish I could find a picture and manufacture date. It is in real good shape. Only attachment is a 3 point hitch. I have plows and stuff including a 8hp tiller from another Sears tractor I wore out. Wish I had kept it and replaced the engine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is a parts diagram. The deck may of had its own model number which was common on older mowers, JD, Cub Cadet and others did the deck as a separate model number. Heck even Kubota does it on some of their modern mowers.