Export thread

FX850V-AS47R Wiring Diagram?

S

Sabre2th

Hello! I recently purchased an FX850V-AS47R engine as a replacement/upgrade on my commercial eXmark mower. Was getting ready to wire a mating connector for the 16-pin connector on the engine, but schematics that I have found (Ferris-based) don't seem to match the actual pin-out of the connector. Does anybody here have a service manual, etc., that would have that motor-side diagram? I contacted Kawasaki online, they said to order a manual from my local dealer, dealer said they couldn't get it..

R

Rivets

Here is the only site which I can find which has Kawasaki service manuals. Hopefully this will help.

S

Sabre2th

Wish it was there, but they don't have anything that covers the EFI engines at all..

B

bertsmobile1

If you still hae the old engine then pull all of the covers and see where the wires go ( or come from )
Do the same for the new engine.
In many cases there are redundant wires from things like temperature senders , oil level senders , oil pressure senders
The factory manual does not have any wiring information other than the general wiring to the 4 pin plug.

B

bertsmobile1

Went back in through my wholesalers portal but nothing on the 850-EFI
However I could find some information on the 921 EFI.
With a bit of luck, they might be similar enough to get you going

Attachments

• fx921-wiring.pdf
    309.1 KB · Views: 26

S

Sabre2th

I may have to completely open up the new wiring harness to trace what I can, but there is literally NOTHING similar wiring-wise between the old FX801V and the newer EFI setup. Going from the simple 6-pin connector to a delphi 16-pin and have to wire up an upgraded ignition switch, throttle rocker switch, and throttle control module. Would be no problem at all with a connector pin-out that matches this engine. I've found the chassis-side diagram for Ferris mowers, but it has connections mapped that match to pin locations where there are no wires.

If you still hae the old engine then pull all of the covers and see where the wires go ( or come from )
Do the same for the new engine.
In many cases there are redundant wires from things like temperature senders , oil level senders , oil pressure senders
The factory manual does not have any wiring information other than the general wiring to the 4 pin plug.

Bri06886

Bri06886

I may have to completely open up the new wiring harness to trace what I can, but there is literally NOTHING similar wiring-wise between the old FX801V and the newer EFI setup. Going from the simple 6-pin connector to a delphi 16-pin and have to wire up an upgraded ignition switch, throttle rocker switch, and throttle control module. Would be no problem at all with a connector pin-out that matches this engine. I've found the chassis-side diagram for Ferris mowers, but it has connections mapped that match to pin locations where there are no wires.

Sabre2th,
How did you make out with that engine swap, i'm trying to do the same thing and scratching my head trying to figure out if its worth it.

Thanks
Brian

S

Sabre2th

Sabre2th,
How did you make out with that engine swap, i'm trying to do the same thing and scratching my head trying to figure out if its worth it.

Thanks
Brian
I haven't.. It's still sitting in the back of my shop waiting for the info I need. Kawasaki was no help at all. I just got my old engine running a bit better until..

Bri06886

Bri06886

I haven't.. It's still sitting in the back of my shop waiting for the info I need. Kawasaki was no help at all. I just got my old engine running a bit better until..

Email me, I have the information you need.
bri06886@gmail.com

S

Sabre2th

bri06886@gmail.com

Sent you an email.. (from tom@bcandbw.com)

Jordan71

Jordan71

bri06886@gmail.com
Would you be willing to share that wiring diagram info w me ?

S

Sabre2th

bri06886@gmail.com
I'm back on this project after what seems like forever.. What did you connect the "can high" and "can low" terminals to? I have a rocker switch and throttle control module, but not having any luck getting function..

A

agurganus

Sabre2th I am currently doing the same thing but with a Hustler Super Z Hyperdrive. Having a hard time finding a wiring schematic. Would you be willing to share that info with me also.

K

KP89

Did anyone figure out the wiring from the engine harness to the throttle control module? The only wires I have been able to matchup are the purple for the starter and the orange powers the ECU.

R

rob/handyman

bri06886@gmail.com
hi i m rob, have same problem,wiring 16 pin delphi connector, would appreciate help, email me robht2ha@gmail.com thanks

S

Sabre2th

Sorry, haven't been on here for quite some time. I got pi$$ed at it and pushed it to the back of my shop.. I'm going to drag it back out soon and take another shot at it. I did notice while walking past the engine the other day that the control module on the side of it has a crack along the left mount. Could it be damaged enough to cause issues? Has anybody figure the wiring out on these things?

S

Sabre2th

Has anybody figured out exactly which pins the throttle control module is supposed to be connected to? I DID just get my hands on the correct manual/diagram, but still a tad confused.. I'll email the manual to anybody interested.

StarTech

StarTech

Boy I hate posting my email ad but I would like a copy of manual and schematic as I will probably run into one this year myself. I might not be of any help but I am willing to look over the schematics and reread this thread as to what was needed.

*Email address Removed*. Needs to be formatted correctly. At least this is a seldom used email ad of mine since I retire that business 15 yrs ago but it still a valid ad.

S

Sabre2th

Boy I hate posting my email ad but I would like a copy of manual and schematic as I will probably run into one this year myself. I might not be of any help but I am willing to look over the schematics and reread this thread as to what was needed.

starfiretechnical at juno dot com. Needs to be formatted correctly. At least this is a seldom used email ad of mine since I retire that business 15 yrs ago but it still a valid ad.
Understand that, for sure. File sent..

StarTech

StarTech

Rec'd...And it is much appreciated. Even my Kawasaki distributor couldn't get me a copy.

Question have you already gotten the Hand Throttle Input Sensor? It will be needed to control the throttle; otherwise the engine will only idle.

Looking over diagrams later this week as I got to clear out the shop backlog of equipment first.

S

Sabre2th

To bring things up-to-date, here's a list of the parts needed..

is the Electronic Throttle Control used. Gravely part# 06900711.

It uses the Packard Electric Weather Pack connector like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254729629451?hash=item3b4f11af0b:g:7IIAAOSwZfNfbicQ

The Delphi (now Aptiv) 16-pin connector can be found at mouser.com, sometimes eBay.

The correct wiring diagram for this engine, and for the throttle control are attached.
Note that the Mil light MUST be connected to come off idle.

Really nice to finally have this thing going. Cuts like a BEAST!

Attachments

• FX850V_EFI wiring.pdf
    624.3 KB · Views: 4

StarTech

StarTech

Sounds like you are making good head way on this.

And for a shop Mouser is a good source of Aptiv, AMP, and Molex connectors and terminals. I have been using them for years for most of electronic components too.

S

Sabre2th

Addendum:
An old golf ball, drilled 5/16" halfway thru, makes a perfect knob for that throttle control, lol. Looks cool too.