Funny Dealer

man00

Threads
I went in the local DC dealer and looked at the Magnum. I sales person ask how much I would be mowing. I said about 1 acre maybe 1.5, he
said don't expect any warranty work done when I tear up the Magnum. I told the guy I been mowing it for 10 years or longer with a 800.00 Murray.
Didn't matter..he stated I need to step up to a 8000.00 mower to handle such a large lawn. Needless to say DC lost a sell that day!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I went in the local DC dealer and looked at the Magnum. I sales person ask how much I would be mowing. I said about 1 acre maybe 1.5, he
said don't expect any warranty work done when I tear up the Magnum. I told the guy I been mowing it for 10 years or longer with a 800.00 Murray.
Didn't matter..he stated I need to step up to a 8000.00 mower to handle such a large lawn. Needless to say DC lost a sell that day!

I can sure see your point if a 800 dollar Murray lasted you 10 years. If that is the mower you are happy with get another one. I always bought the cheap Sears mowers and got by with them. The last mower I bought was a 8000 dollar Ferris. I have never been sorry I bought it. It dose a better job of cutting the grass, much faster, and very few repairs. Also if you take good care of the more expensive mower it will last you for many more years then a 800 dollar Murray. You know your own finances so get what you are conformable with but if you can afford it you won't be sorry if bought the DC.

man00

Threads
I can sure see your point if a 800 dollar Murray lasted you 10 years. If that is the mower you are happy with get another one. I always bought the cheap Sears mowers and got by with them. The last mower I bought was a 8000 dollar Ferris. I have never been sorry I bought it. It dose a better job of cutting the grass, much faster, and very few repairs. Also if you take good care of the more expensive mower it will last you for many more years then a 800 dollar Murray. You know your own finances so get what you are conformable with but if you can afford it you won't be sorry if bought the DC.
I bought a Badboy, it was just the sales person at this local DC dealership that got to me.

LakeRat1

Threads
Man00, I can sure see your point, Some Sales People just don't know how to talk to the Public, He most likely does not know how big 1-1/2 ac looks like, that is a cake walk to mow, I would have done the same thing, mowing your place every 5 to 7 days sure does not call for a 8 grand mower, unless that is just what you want, now if you were mowing all day 5 or 6 days a week, yes you need a Com. Grade mower, I mow 4 ac. once a week with 2 JD Lawn Tractors, both are over 13 years old, Just last week we Ordered a New Toto form our Local Dealer, we are getting a 3000 series with a 52 in deck, we think this size will let us mow with just 1 mower, we have some place that our 60 in. mower can't get to, we use our 46 in. mower to take care of these areas,