Fuel

PVHIII

Threads
I also have my doubts about ethanol being totally harmless to your engine...10% is harmless but 15% is toxic to your engine...I'm not buying it...I'd be willing to bet that 10% is NOT totally harmless to your engine...JMO ;-)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may be right...but your beatin a dead horse trying to talk me into using the garbage...ethanol is a JOKE and shouldn't even be produced and it survives on government subsidies... don't even get me started.

I'm not trying to talk you into using anything, you use what ever you like. I use what I use because without driving 30 to 40 miles or more I have no choice. I just stated In all the years I've used ethanol gas I've never had any issues. I do however think that ethanol gets blamed for a lot of issues it doesn't cause, it doesn't do half the damage people claim.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also have my doubts about ethanol being totally harmless to your engine...10% is harmless but 15% is toxic to your engine...I'm not buying it...I'd be willing to bet that 10% is NOT totally harmless to your engine...JMO ;-)

If you think 15 is toxic what about all the E85 stations that are popping up all over the country. There's like 2700 already running and they are putting up more everyday. I kinda take the position that I may as well get used to it cause it kinda looks like we may not have a choice before long, it's not that I like it. I don't doubt that before long you'll have mowers that will run the stuff.

PVHIII

Threads
When our corrupt government runs outta money and it's comin alot sooner than most realize..there will be no more ethanol...one day it will be a thing of the past and gas stations will go back to selling gas...not corn whiskey!

greeen

Threads
When our corrupt government runs outta money and it's comin alot sooner than most realize..there will be no more ethanol...one day it will be a thing of the past and gas stations will go back to selling gas...not corn whiskey!

You obviously have a strong opinion on government spending and ethanol. While I respect your right to an opinion, I don't believe it's based on fact, with the modern state of the government's role in the ethanol industry. The ethanol companies receive no subsidy from the government. At one time there was a blender's premium, which went to the companies blending the ethanol in, NOT the ethanol companies. A portion of the premium was passed to the consumer, hence why 10% used to be less expensive at the pump. This premium has been pulled expired...along with that you may have noticed the price of fuel with ethanol vs. non, has gone up (where available).

The other myth out there involves ethanol taking more energy to make than it contains. While this may have been true in the early days of the industry, it is no longer. Those with an agenda have latched on to this concept and spread it as truth instead of acknowledging the current state of the industry. The commercial ethanol industry had a very steep ramp up in efficiency, recycling of heat and water, and extraction of byproducts. It really isn't as simple as looking at the energy equation anyway, considering the by products such as DDGs and corn oil which still remain after the corn has been fermented.

I agree with the other poster above, while 10% ethanol absorbs moisture, the negative effects are way overblown and it has become the scapegoat for all carburetor problems, many times when there is no evidence the ethanol was the cause. Our machines that require fuel have been made compatible with it for many years. Keep fresh fuel in your equipment, use quality oil in 2 strokes, fuel stabilizer when appropriate, drain when appropriate, start occasionally when not in use.

Gasoline is a mixture of many different components, most of which are completely off our radar. Ethanol gets all the hype and press while the refiner can be putting all sorts of other things in the mix, while we have no idea.

WebsterLawnCare

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Fast Trak SD and I refuse to burn ANY ethanol in it or any of my lawn equipment for that matter...the only non ethanol fuel I can find is 93 octane. My FX691V just hit it's 40 hour mark and I haven't had any problems so far...my question is...is it OK to burn 93 octane fuel in it all the time...thanks

It is fine if you run 93 octane. It is better for your equipment anyway.

gabowman

Threads
I am also forced to run the corn gas. I also ALWAYS add Stabil to every tank too.