Export thread

Fuel Stablizers

J

jteuban

What is the best Brand of fuel Stabilizer/cleaner to use in small lawn equipment, or rather into gas just before starting in spring time. I am going to be getting my lawn mowers out soon and I need something to clean out ports to keep things running properly.

BKBrown

BKBrown

I don't know what is "best", but I've had good results with the Marine Formula Sta-Bil.

J

jteuban

Is something like Techron good for cleaning a carb when added to gas? I am not really looking for a stabilizer but more of a cleaner to clean out the carb. Oh thanks for the feedback

K

KennyV

Is something like Techron good for cleaning a carb when added to gas? I am not really looking for a stabilizer but more of a cleaner to clean out the carb. Oh thanks for the feedback

It will be hard to find something that works as well as Techron... That is an excellent cleaner...
Stabil os a good product for storing gasoline, but during the summer you most likely will not be keeping fuel around beyond 90 days or so...

With Techron watch the ratio, don't mix too stout.... :smile:KennyV

N

nue2farm

It will be hard to find something that works as well as Techron... That is an excellent cleaner...
Stabil os a good product for storing gasoline, but during the summer you most likely will not be keeping fuel around beyond 90 days or so...

With Techron watch the ratio, don't mix too stout.... :smile:KennyV

Try Seafoam. It has worked wonders for me. Have fun and stay safe....

I

indypower

SeaFoam is the BEST cleaner additive on the market.

J

jteuban

Thanks for the feedback. I went today and bought some Sea Foam so we will see what happens.

how much Sea Foam should I mix for 1 U.S gall of gasoline?
This is to use on lawn equip.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Thanks for the feedback. I went today and bought some Sea Foam so we will see what happens.

how much Sea Foam should I mix for 1 U.S gall of gasoline?
This is to use on lawn equip.

I have never heard of Sea Foam myself...and what kind of equipment will you use the gas in? Two stroke or four stoke mower? The container should have directions for what ratio of mix to use for various engines.

J

jteuban

Sea foam is great you can use it in any engine you want do gas, 2 stroke, 4 stroke...
I am planning on using it through my small lawn equip this summer to keep everything running like it should. I will prob only use it through my gas/oil 1/2 times only to keep carbon and whatever may get into the carb and fuel system.

eeguns

eeguns

Sea Foam works awesome, I use 1 oz to 1 Gallon of gas to stabilize fuel. If the carb is dirty, I add another oz to the fuel tank and let it run... good luck!

J

jteuban

Thanks for the reply. I will be trying it soon. I know its not mowing season yet but at the rate gas is going right now I might get it and add some Sea Foam to it, to keep until I need it.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

B12 CHEMTOOL

K

KennyV

I have never heard of Sea Foam myself...

It has been around for decades...
It's ingredients are not dissimilar to a few other additives.. but it does have a strong following.
See this 'home brew seafoam'... Homebrew Sea Foam (SeaFoam) Motor Treatment Recipe

Myself, I may use Techron,or CHEMTOOL, occasionally... I would not overdo either, as I have never been big on additives... :smile:KennyV

W

Woody71

Learned about Stab-IL early this spring and added it to my new mower and blower gas. I then learned about Sea Foam so I bought a bottle and treated my new Trimmer gas with it. We'll see which one wins out, but all three are running great this year.