Fuel not getting to fuel line filter on z930m

Ontheback9!

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have no mechanical skills, just to clear the deck. I drained and changed oil. I drained (hand-siphoned until nothing came out) fuel tank and filled tank with fresh gas. I changed and tested spark plugs. I cleared out fuel tank vent. I installed new fuel line filter. All hoses look ok to me. Engine turns over and seems like it wants to start but doesn't. I've checked a few times and have seen that the fuel line filter never has fuel in it. (It used to have visible fuel when the mower was working. I have removed he hose lines a few times and each time the filter is bone dry. Being ignorant about engines but having read some things, I assume that the fuel pump isn't working or that there is some sort of vacuum issue, maybe? I looked at the fuel pump and feel I can change it out, but I do not know if that's the problem. Any help would be most appreciated as the 3-acre field behind my home is starting to look tropical. Thanks, Ontheback9!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fuel shutoff valve possibly been turned to the OFF position while you were changing the fuel filter.

Ontheback9!

Forum Newbie
Threads
I really appreciate quick reply. Stupid question: where’s the fuel shut off valve on z930m? I have no operator's manual and online drawing not much help. Thank you for your help!! Tom

Last edited: