Export thread

Fuel not getting to fuel line filter on z930m

Ontheback9!

Ontheback9!

I have no mechanical skills, just to clear the deck. I drained and changed oil. I drained (hand-siphoned until nothing came out) fuel tank and filled tank with fresh gas. I changed and tested spark plugs. I cleared out fuel tank vent. I installed new fuel line filter. All hoses look ok to me. Engine turns over and seems like it wants to start but doesn't. I've checked a few times and have seen that the fuel line filter never has fuel in it. (It used to have visible fuel when the mower was working. I have removed he hose lines a few times and each time the filter is bone dry. Being ignorant about engines but having read some things, I assume that the fuel pump isn't working or that there is some sort of vacuum issue, maybe? I looked at the fuel pump and feel I can change it out, but I do not know if that's the problem. Any help would be most appreciated as the 3-acre field behind my home is starting to look tropical. Thanks, Ontheback9!

I

ILENGINE

Fuel shutoff valve possibly been turned to the OFF position while you were changing the fuel filter.

Ontheback9!

Ontheback9!

I really appreciate quick reply. Stupid question: where’s the fuel shut off valve on z930m? I have no operator's manual and online drawing not much help. Thank you for your help!! Tom