fuel line configuration issue for Poulan BVM200VS

boughtbylove

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
My poulan bvm200vs stopped working. I noticed the fuel bulb felt like it wasn't moving fuel very well when i pressed it. I found the fuel lines had been deteriorated and two parts were in the fuel tank.....a filter and a small plastic piece with male inserts on both sides of it. The lines are two different sizes. The bulb pulls from the smaller line and discharges to the larger line back into the gas tank. I assume the carburetor pulls from the small line as well during operation. So i put the filter on the small line and didn't know what to do with the plastic insert so left it off for now. Anyway, it will now run in full choke but cuts out when i move it to half choke or run. So i'm thinking i'm not getting enough fuel. Which makes me wonder if i have the fuel lines configured right. can you someone answer the following:
  • is the smaller line the one that should have the filter on it?
  • should the smaller line be the one that supplies fuel when the bulb is pressed (and returned to the tank through the larger line)
  • does plastic insert just go into the end of the return line to the tank?
  • does the return line (larger line in this case) need to be above the gasoline level in the tank or can it be submerged?
thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The smaller line has the filter which is also the line that supplies fuel when running. The fuel is drawn through the small line into the carb,then a line from the carb to the primer and then from the primer back into the tank which is the larger line. the fitting really isn't needed, more to prevent the line from coming out of the tank, and doesn't matter if submerged or not.