Export thread

FREE ZT1 Now Running

mechanizm

mechanizm

Holy cow.... Hurricane Ian flooded many of my neighbors homes and so they're throwing away EVERYTHING. I was putzing the 62 C20 around looking and came upon a Dixie Chopper at the curb! I got that HEAVY mofo winched into my light duty trailer and gingerly made my way back home. I haven't looked at it in earnest yet so I don't know the condition of the Generac commercial engine. This thing is a beast... So I went back out and found THREE more Zero turn mowers at the curb. I took the Cub Cadet ZT1 first. then went back and got the old Toro and then went back and the other was GONE... I should have acted more quickly... BUT I have three cool zero turns and then got a John Deere L120 with a motor and trans as a parts machine for mine. I still haven't fully recovered from evil Hurrican Ian and now I have more projects! What's a do it yourselfer to do? I had to take the zero turns... OH, but I got the ZT1 running and Idling today after I $h† rigged a fuel pump, charged the battery and screwed with the fuel lines. It wouldn't move but I didn't know where the "push levers" were for the hydro-drives and I was losing light. but I went back out with a flashlight and found them and now it should move. I have to learn how to operate this thing. I don't even know where the blade engagement knob is. more pics later....

Oh, almost forgot... another neighbor threw away a perfectly good Honda self-propelled. I changed the oil and got that thing running in no time flat.

Attachments

Cool, that's how I got my vintage Honda Mini-tiller.. $9 later & it still runs like a swiss watch..

mechanizm

mechanizm

Cool, that's how I got my vintage Honda Mini-tiller.. $9 later & it still runs like a swiss watch..
I went out this morning and drove the Cub Cadet ZT1 around the yard despite the fact that it's missing one front wheel. I have to find one somewhere.... The engine runs great which surprises me because one plug was dripping with oil. There's nothing like a free zero-turn...

There's nothing like a free zero-turn...
I'll take yer word for that, I had to buy all mine.. LOL

mechanizm

mechanizm

I'll take yer word for that, I had to buy all mine.. LOL
I'm now working on my FREE Dixie Chopper. I got years of crud off of it and will install a battery later today. but there's another hurricane coming! Should be a breeze compared to evil demon, Ian. btw: my avatar is the gator behind Home Depot. Florida is amazing.

Yea hope it is a mild one. & I remember the gators, I spent 30 yrs down there.