FR691V motot on a zero turn Cub cadet 50"

Tmccurdy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have noticed that the exhaust pipe is a different color. One side looks like new the other looks like it has gotten really hot. I only have 147 hrs on the motor. It has been serviced regularly. But it will crank up a run Great then all of a sudden it will start acting like it has trash in the fuel the it will clear up and start back until it shuts it's self off... Any ideas.....

Born2Mow

Threads
The different color denotes a radical difference in combustion between the sides. The issue with the stopping points to fuel and/or fuel delivery system issues which is causing the difference.

Only 147 hours, but how many periods of storage or non-use longer than 8 weeks ?? And during that time did you leave ethanol laden "regular" fuel in the tank ?

It probably runs great while the choke is still in use. The choke dumps extra fuel into the engine for a cold engine, but that extra fuel (in your case) makes up for partially or fully clogged fuel delivery passages... somewhere.

Ethanol causes a thick coating that can clog any part of the fuel system when it's left sitting. DON'T EVER DO THAT !! Just yesterday I fixed a tiller and the "clog" was in the fuel hose between the carb and tank.... especially concentrated in the manual fuel ON/OFF valve. So multiple "clogs" can appear anywhere in the fuel system: tank breather, tank, hose, filter, valve, and/or carb. Any of which will cause the issues you are experiencing.

These issues will NOT clear themselves with "cleaners", those are for prevention. Nope, it's time to disassemble the entire fuel system.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the engine & cylinder fins free of debris under the blower housing ?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move this thread over to our Cub Cadet section.

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y)