Export thread

Forum departure

JDgreen

JDgreen

Muhammad, is it possible for a current member of LMF to ask for removal of all their threads, posts and pictures so they can make a complete exit from the forum? I have tried to make as many positive contributions to LMF as I can but am very dismayed at the somewhat uncaring attitude a part of the membership here exhibits.

Thank you.

BKBrown

BKBrown

Don't go because of me -- it was just a joke -- I find people here try to help and have not found people uncaring. Again, Sorry if you were offended !

Bruce

Muhammad, is it possible for a current member of LMF to ask for removal of all their threads, posts and pictures so they can make a complete exit from the forum? I have tried to make as many positive contributions to LMF as I can but am very dismayed at the somewhat uncaring attitude a part of the membership here exhibits.

Thank you.

M

Muhammad

Which members or posts in particular do you find uncaring? I don't read every single post but didn't notice anything offensive as of late. I've heard some complaints about members not replying after advice is given but we're working on some ways to get people to come back and follow up on their threads. Hopefully we can persuade you to stay because you definitely make great posts and have helped a lot of people out.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Thank you.

I hope you will reconsider, JDgreen.

I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Please bear in mind that in any discussion group, there will be a few inconsiderate people.

Also, when discussing things online, sometimes things can be poorly stated and therefore misinterpreted, leading to hurt feelings.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Which members or posts in particular do you find uncaring? I don't read every single post but didn't notice anything offensive as of late. I've heard some complaints about members not replying after advice is given but we're working on some ways to get people to come back and follow up on their threads. Hopefully we can persuade you to stay because you definitely make great posts and have helped a lot of people out.

Thanks for the response, it is not what members DO say, but what they DON'T SAY. It irks me there seems to be a small group of hardcore, devoted members here on LMF that keep everything interesting while the majority just sit back and never contribute. Where I live there is 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground but I still keep contributing. The Front Porch is what I enjoy most about LMF and even if other members are in the same snowed in situation I am they can still contribute to the various discussions. Look at how much KennyV, Two-Stroke, BKBrown, etc contribute here versus what the majority of others contribute...talk about apathy. I don't mind in the least if someone disagrees with me or has different viewpoints, start posting your opinions, disagree or agree, just don't sit back and let others build LMF up while you contribute NOTHING. :frown:

Thanks for letting me have my say. SORRY if I offeneded anyone by stating my case.

M

Muhammad

I remember these exact same thoughts on TBN many years ago. As the membership grows to a certain point, it becomes frustrating that there are a lot of people who register but don't participate. But I think a lot of people are just looking for one quick answer or just register and never post.

We'll be sending e-mails to members who haven't posted yet soon, in hopes of getting them to say hello and start participating. :thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

Thanks for the response, it is not what members DO say, but what they DON'T SAY. It irks me there seems to be a small group of hardcore, devoted members here on LMF that keep everything interesting while the majority just sit back and never contribute. Where I live there is 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground but I still keep contributing. The Front Porch is what I enjoy most about LMF and even if other members are in the same snowed in situation I am they can still contribute to the various discussions. Look at how much KennyV, Two-Stroke, BKBrown, etc contribute here versus what the majority of others contribute...talk about apathy. I don't mind in the least if someone disagrees with me or has different viewpoints, start posting your opinions, disagree or agree, just don't sit back and let others build LMF up while you contribute NOTHING. :frown:

Thanks for letting me have my say. SORRY if I offended anyone by stating my case.

I think if you sit back read and think about what you stated in your posting and you check out the rest of LMF you'll find the answer you're looking for, you mentioned at least one of at least two reasons people don't contribute to this and other forums, and is the reason I pretty much stay here on the front porch.

Wayne195

Wayne195

Thanks for letting me have my say. SORRY if I offeneded anyone by stating my case.
Now that you mentioned it, I'll have to try to be here and contribute more often. Of course, it is a bit slow here right now because of the winter, but hopefully come spring we'll have more action around here.:smile:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Thanks Wayne, I got a big CHARGE out of your thread on the Ariens...that is one of the most interesting concepts I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Wayne195

Wayne195

Thanks Wayne, I got a big CHARGE out of your thread on the Ariens...that is one of the most interesting concepts I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:
Your very welcome! I guess that's what we're here for- to charge each other up!:laughing::thumbsup:

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

Now that you mentioned it, I'll have to try to be here and contribute more often. Of course, it is a bit slow here right now because of the winter, but hopefully come spring we'll have more action around here.:smile:

Same with me, once it warms up I will have more to post.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Same with me, once it warms up I will have more to post.

I am the opposite because when it warms up I am going to be too BUSY to post much....:laughing:

Ric

Ric

[IMG said:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by Wayne195

I am the opposite because when it warms up I am going to be too BUSY to post much....:laughing:

Right at the moment I'm mowing three days a week, as the summer months approach I'll be out six days a week so my computer times will be a lot less. I really see the summer months being a lot slower on the forum at least for people who own and operate businesses.

Wayne195

Wayne195

Right at the moment I'm mowing three days a week, as the summer months approach I'll be out six days a week so my computer times will be a lot less. I really see the summer months being a lot slower on the forum at least for people who own and operate businesses.
I guess you're right, but probably by far a greater amount of the people here are not business operators. From past expereince I know that most tractor/lawnmower related forums are a lot more active through the summer, but I suppose business operators like you are an exeption.

Ric

Ric

I guess you're right, but probably by far a greater amount of the people here are not business operators. From past experience I know that most tractor/lawnmower related forums are a lot more active through the summer, but I suppose business operators like you are an exception.

Its not only the lawn care people but most people that have any dealings with any kind of agriculture, farmers and such are more active during spring and summer months. I also know that a lot of home owners are busy in the spring with winter clean-ups.

Wayne195

Wayne195

Its not only the lawn care people but most people that have any dealings with any kind of agriculture, farmers and such are more active during spring and summer months. I also know that a lot of home owners are busy in the spring with winter clean-ups.​
You got a point there; I was thinking more about the people coming for help with thier lawnmowers. Of course, lawnmowers, generally have problems resolting from use, and people use thier lawnmowers during the summer. But I do agree with you that the amount of people that have the time to stop by here daily will likely decrease, myself included.

Ric

Ric

You got a point there; I was thinking more about the people coming for help with thier lawnmowers. Of course, lawnmowers, generally have problems resolting from use, and people use thier lawnmowers during the summer. But I do agree with you that the amount of people that have the time to stop by here daily will likely decrease, myself included.

Yea I could see your point about people wanting help with mowers, especially after they sit idle all winter. I know the business in the lawn mower shops really picks up in the spring thats why if I need something done it goes to the shop in the winter.

M

monica123

Sorry to see people go, sometimes life gets in the way, that and all this snow. Hopefully it will soon be over, the snow, not life.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Yea I could see your point about people wanting help with mowers, especially after they sit idle all winter. I know the business in the lawn mower shops really picks up in the spring thats why if I need something done it goes to the shop in the winter.

I am sure a lot of the people do not store their equipment properly in the fall and then they cannot get them running in the spring, so that is why business at the shops picks up then.

A

abeja_reina_1989

I really hope you end up staying. I enjoy reading your posts :) I'm going to work harder at bringing in more interesting topics and posts to keep everyone busy. I have a lot going on right now though, so I can't promise I'll be here as much as I like.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I really hope you end up staying. I enjoy reading your posts :) I'm going to work harder at bringing in more interesting topics and posts to keep everyone busy. I have a lot going on right now though, so I can't promise I'll be here as much as I like.

Thank you for that compliment about enjoying my posts. Kenny is way out in front when it comes to the total number of posts but I wonder who is the leader at starting new threads?

Wayne195

Wayne195

Thank you for that compliment about enjoying my posts. Kenny is way out in front when it comes to the total number of posts but I wonder who is the leader at starting new threads?
Looks like you've started the most threads, but remember, it isn't all about the post count - we're here to help each other, no try to outdo each other! :smile:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Looks like you've started the most threads, but remember, it isn't all about the post count - we're here to help each other, no try to outdo each other! :smile:

Oh pooh, if I wanted to be the number one in post counts I'd stay up all night and zip by Kenny before the time midnight rolled around...:laughing:

But can you imagine how interesting LMF would be if all the members contributed like the hard core posters do?