Export thread

Flywheel

12apierce

John Deere riding lawn mower flywheel sticks and engine will not turn over. Manually turn the flywheel a little and the mower will start. Any ideas?

I

ILENGINE

Is this a Kohler, Briggs and Stratton, or Kawasaki engine. How about supplying your mower model number as well as the model number information from the engine.

D

Darryl G

You sure it's not just a dead battery or bad starter. It just makes no sense to me that the "flywheel sticks" yet you can turn it over by hand. :confused2:

willys55

willys55

could also be a bad starter bendix.......couple that with a weak battery or poor ground and you get a "Lazy Wheel"

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

He might be talking about the engine hesitating as in needing a valve adjustment..... When he can get it past the compression stroke by hand then it starts.....

Not sure though.................

willys55

willys55

eh.

Boobala

Boobala

He might be talking about the engine hesitating as in needing a valve adjustment..... When he can get it past the compression stroke by hand then it starts.....

I'm inclined to check the valve lash also, same as Bo depicts it to be the culprit.

I

ILENGINE

I was thinking the same thing which is the reason I asked for the engine model number in the first reply on this thread and never received a response.

willys55

willys55

don't you just hate it when they never come back to their own thread?

L

Luffydog

Yep never get answers hate it

B

bertsmobile1

Same person has posted to multiple forums, not unusual.
Google the problem then post to everything that comes up.
Those of us on multiple forums will see the same post , oft using the same avatar and they keep doing it till some ones gives them the answer strait up.
Then if no one chimes in RIGHT NOW they will go back in for a second grab to which ever forum asked for the least input from them.