Flooding

James68

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for help.... House-sitting, decided to mow lawn. Honda gcv190 engine wouldn't start. So I stripped down carb, removing debris, using thin wire cleaned all jets. Started a treat. Two days later went to restart, fuel flooding from air filter. Restripped carb, floater and pin working. Restarted mower, stopped to empty grass collecter, flooding again from air filter. Any ideas ????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only one reason for a carb to leak fuel out and that is the float valve not cutting off the fuel .
Honda use a needle with a rubber tip so replace it
Roll some steel wool int a little log shape and clean the seat in the carb bady as the set is not removable.

Capone

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I cleaned the carb on my HS521 snowblower... I followed Steve's Youtube video here... best video I've seen on how to do it...and what to look for...hands down.

Having said that, when the carb needed to be cleaned on my HRX217 (GCV190 engine), I order one from amazon... one of those made in China deals... its worked just fine for a year now...

but I wish I had seen Steve's video prior to ordering...I wouldn't have ordered a new one... or at least kept the original Honda one and cleaned it to keep as a spare.

James68

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help, I'll get a new needle + gaskets....

Honda Tech

Threads
Hold on....unfortunately, that is incorrect information. The Honda needles are NOT rubber tipped. If it wasn't leaking before you cleaned it, it shouldn't be leaking now. Most likely, you installed one or more of the gaskets incorrectly and are blocking off the vent passage. That will basically bypass the floats function and fuel will try to balance with the level of fuel in the tank.
If you think you still want a new inlet needle, don't, because it will cost you more than a complete OEM carburetor. Find a good parts diagram and replace all the intake gaskets exactly as shown.