Flex power drive is jolting forward And won’t disengage

Thisisyourcaptin

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Flex power drive is jolting forward And won’t disengage
I have a troy bilt flex. Over all I have been on the fence as to wether I like it or not. I e had to replace to many parts from normal once a week grass cutting to be happy with It. Lately the power drive will not fully disengage. When I release the trigger for the forward drive it still has a slight amount of pull on it and the whole unite wants to move forward at a snails pace. When I pull back on the mower to back out of a corner the mower jolts forward and I have to fight it quite a bit. I have the cable between the trigger and the drive unite as slack as it will go. There is even some play in it.

this all started when the “lug actuator” on the front of the unit broke for the third time, in two years. I removed the front of the power drive unit and replaced it with a new part and now it’s doing the jolt. My right arm has some messed up tendons in the elbow and I can’t take it anymore. The pain the jolts cause is not tolerable and it should be free moving backwards. Zero resistance.

I did have to remove the power drive belt when all this happened. I think I put the belt back on in the same direction of rotation. Does this matter? If it’s was not put back on in the same direction could this matter as well?

nate