Finding the right fuel solenoid

jviews12

Threads
You did not confirm it was the solenoid. You thought it was. Get more fuses, wait till it happens again, then run the experiment that the solenoid is bad. Is it really?

Wirespider01

Threads
You did not confirm it was the solenoid. You thought it was. Get more fuses, wait till it happens again, then run the experiment that the solenoid is bad. Is it really?
No its not confirmed. I eliminated the wire and the plunger on the old one for now. It was the only thing that I was able to unplug in the beginning and not blow the fuse. So, if I find out its something else, its easily repaired by putting the red wire back into the plug and putting the brand new solenoid I have in. I have plenty of fuses.

Wirespider01

Threads
I've drove it around a bit and no blown fuse. Didn't mow with it yet as I like my zero turn when I'm in a hurry.

One thing I did notice is after I ran it around the yard and driveway and such it now suffers from run on. I had to choke it to kill the run on. So I'll need to run new wire and put the new fuel solenoid on.

I'd rather leave the ignition switch out of supplying the 12 volts to the red wire to the solenoid. Is there a safe way to branch into another 12 v wire that only comes alive when the ignition switch is on? If so what's it feed so I can find the wire. I could also run a new wire on a independent switch. But then I'd be worried it would get bumped on and it would kill the battery.

Headlight wiring is good and the led replacements lamps work well. Not sure if they come on when the switch is in the on position or when it cranks and runs?