Fencing

bret

Threads
We are in the market for some privacy fence, what is cost effective but not crap? I want something nice but not extreme and not something that is going to cost a fortune?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
How long do you want it to last before it will need replaced.?
Wood is kind of temporary...it's the most affordable initially but over years is quite expensive.. KennyV

bret

Threads
What options are there besides wood? What else can you make a fence with? I have really only ever seen wooden fences, would it be practical to use brick?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
would it be practical to use brick?

Brick, various different looking brick, stone or quick and long lasting ... colored concrete put into forms that look like brick, ... AVOID cement walls that have to be painted, huge maintainance problem forever.

You can also use metal panels, there are also a lot of plastic decorative 'lumber' looking planks and panels... If you can imagine it, I am sure someone has incorporated it in a fence... some look spectacular. KennyV

bret

Threads
I have some brickwork on the outside of my house, I wonder if it would be too much to have a brick fence or would it compliment it. I don't want it to be overkill.