Fastrak Cuts Like Garbage

Moparjoe499

Threads
I have a new 60" Fastrak that cuts terrible. The dealer agreed and so did the factory rep. They installed a hi-vac system (baffles) and high lift blades. It cuts a bit better, but still cuts like cr_p. To get a good cut, I have to go at no more than half speed. Anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions (beside selling and getting something different, which is my current plan)?
I have a John Deere 1435 diesel with a 72 inch deck that I have had for 10 years. I am totally satisfied with the way it runs and cuts. There are probably other mowers that are comparable. Make sure you keep checking the oil level in the deck gearbox, oil is cheaper than having to replace the gears. I grew up on a farm and we had to learn how to take care of equipment.

keg99

Threads
Regarding the type of grass, it cuts bad on any type. Or should I say, it does not discriminate.
Regarding the height, it cuts bad on most any height. If really tall and thick, then I understand it will not cut well at full speed. I have been mowing for over 40 years and been through many style and brands of mowers. This one just does not work right. I have the deck level and set at 3.5".

Thanks for the comment about Ferris cutting well at full speed. I need to cut at full speed so I can get the job done. Recommendations of mowers that truly do cut good at full speed are most appreciated. I will be shopping for a new 60" zero turn mower right after the first of the year to get ready for spring.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cutting @ Full Speed helps other things as well. Provides the engine with plenty of cooling air. & Keeping the Hydros cooler as well.

Moparjoe499

Threads
Regarding the type of grass, it cuts bad on any type. Or should I say, it does not discriminate.
Regarding the height, it cuts bad on most any height. If really tall and thick, then I understand it will not cut well at full speed. I have been mowing for over 40 years and been through many style and brands of mowers. This one just does not work right. I have the deck level and set at 3.5".

Thanks for the comment about Ferris cutting well at full speed. I need to cut at full speed so I can get the job done. Recommendations of mowers that truly do cut good at full speed are most appreciated. I will be shopping for a new 60" zero turn mower right after the first of the year to get ready for spring.
You should make sure you don't have the blades upside down. People have brought mowers to me with the blades upside down and wondered why it won't cut good. 👍