Fall Preparation

Murry Furry

Threads
With fall upon us, what are some of the things you do to prepare your lawnmowers for winter? Are there any tricks of the trade that might be helpful to all of us here?:biggrin:

put some 90 percent alcohol in your tank to keep gas from varnishing, and going bad. it is also helpful to remove water, and prevent your lines from freezing in winter.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
put some 90 percent alcohol in your tank to keep gas from varnishing, and going bad. it is also helpful to remove water, and prevent your lines from freezing in winter.

With ethanol gasoline you do Not need to add alcohol ... it is already there and will do that without adding anything.... :smile:KennyV

Murry Furry

Threads
With ethanol gasoline you do Not need to add alcohol ... it is already there and will do that without adding anything.... :smile:KennyV

i would love to agree, but then again i used ethanol gas the last few times that i stored my atv before storing it. it always had bad gas when i tried to start it. but to give you credit gas went bad in it if i let it set for two week. the freezing i only experianced one. that was 2 years ago when we had those record lows. i live in the part of the mid west were we see the worst of the weather. the heat and the cold. both ruin gas and cause problems quickly so i erro on safty and say adding a little exstra liquior is fine, just don't add to much if you like your engine block. :cool:

jamesslcx

Threads
I'm just glad to hear that most of us care about our equipment enough to do something in the way of fall and winter prep. It strengthens my hope for humanity and all is not lost after all!:laughing::ashamed: