Fairway mowers?

Klaine

Forum Newbie
Threads
JD Jacobsen or Toro. Buying used...will be cutting 3 patriot Bermuda football fields in VA. Currently have a JD 3225a....over 4k hours...need to update. Not sure which direction to go.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know if anything you do has slopes, but if you could use a multi-purpose machine that will handle just about anything, Check out the Ventrac :thumbsup: ! If you are near Charlottesville in VA - Try Charlottesville Power.

Last edited:

originalswampfox

Threads
Having worked on golf courses in FL and cut fairways, we used toro equipment for everything. I like toro equipment. The other side is that courses where they have deere equipment like the deere, and the same goes for jacobsen. All of the old timers have at some time used jacobsen and all have a soft spot for them. End result is I don't feel you can go wrong with any one of the three. I would go with whatever local dealer was reputable and could you get parts and service.

Parkmower

Threads
I've used toro groundsmasters both gas and diesel for about 14yrs and Jacobsen diesel turfcats for about 5. Neither are "fairway" mowers just fine cut mowers. And I prefer the Jake's by far. Although the groundsmaster have been totally redesigned. I demo'd one a dealer brought out. It was neat and performed very well but I still take a Jake anyday