Exmark will not start...

spanky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have an eXmark Lazer Z that doesn't seen to be getting power.

When you turn the key, you can usually hear the fuel solenoid, but I'm no longer hearing that.

Test light shows power at the ignition and also at the starter. All fuses are good.

Would replacing the fuel solenoid fix the problem?

Also, with no power, if I have to take it in to a shop for service, is there a way to 'disengage' the wheels to get it onto a trailer?

The mower was inherited (along with about 12 acres to keep cut), and I'm not too mechanically inclined.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I would check the safety switches on seat and arm controls. You can unscrew the little bolt on the sides of the hydrolic pumps to move it around and load. Good luck!

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Exmark Forum. :smile:

Exmark1

Threads
We are sorry to hear you are having issues. Please provide us with your serial number and model number so we can trouble shoot for you. If you would like us to contact you via phone, please provide that information also.

If you prefer, you can call Exmark Customer Service at 1-800-667-5296

CRKennels

Forum Newbie
Threads
Funny, I am having the same issue. We have a lazer Z 42" cut with upgraded 23 HP B&S engine, and we have already replaced starter and starter solenoid. We were thinking maybe Ignition switch? Has a brand new battery and recent tuneup.
Model # LCT4418BV
SERIAL #: 547855

Last edited:

Exmark1

Threads
If you continue to have issues, please contact our Customer Service team at 800.667.5296.