Exmark noob questions

BendIt13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good afternoon everyone! Really dumb question that I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing, but here I am asking what every noob asks. HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR MOW LINES SO STRAIGHT?! Now, I am relatively new to the lawn care, however not new to the business completely. I will get to my full time job later, but I have recently started helping a friend out in his lawn care business part time since his main guy bailed on him. First time being on an exmark, however not the first time on a ZT. Boy, are those controls touchy! I understand on the first pass to keep your sight on a fixed object and keep her straight as possible (easier said than done on this property since it is SO BUMPY) my question is after every pass after that. Do you guys keeps your outer wheel yoke on the side of the grass that has been cut, or riding along the side that hasn't been cut? Want to know what makes this an embarrassing question? Anybody ever hear of the Lastec Articulators? I makes those for a living an prefer mowing with those lol. On the rig im used to its 120" of cut. I have to look out 5 foot in either direction to see my outer wheel yoke so I just run it in the side that's already been cut just for an easy reference. This exmark is a 60" and I want to utilize as much deck as possible because I hate the way it looks when my rear tires overlap too much of the previous pass making it look like I used a 40" lol. Hopefully that's not too vague of a question, and will take any other words of advice anyone can throw my way. Thanks everyone!

Jeremy

Arwing64

Threads
I do mowing commercially and on the greens of a golf course. I can tell you mowin perfectly straight lines can be a little tough, but once you know it, it becomes easy.

I generally use Toro equitment, but I have used Exmark mowers before. For a zero turn rider, I brace my self and gently push on the two bars, keeping both of my hand pretty much next to each other, almost touching. Then onces I'm going, I relax and push forward. Every zero turn is slightly different, so you will have to try this with your own machine.

The first pass I focus on an object in the distance and go straight. For the next passes, focus on the front caster wheel or the sides of the deck for each pass. You should be making fairly straight passes. For a smaller deck mower like a 42" or 48", you would focus more on the caster wheels or the rear wheels. For a larger deck mower, I focus on the deck and the caster wheels. Again, depending on the mower, conditions and the way that you would use it will vary.