Exmark clipping chute idea

Born2Mow

Threads
One thing I have come to like about the Exmark is that the plastic chute for the clipping exit is NOT spring loaded. This allows you to raise the chute for parking or when needed for cutting in tight places. But to do this you need to attach a pull cord you can reach from the driver's seat.

In implementing a chute raising setup on my Exmark, I was looking for a simple, effective method that would not rust, but would still have a long fife. I decided upon a nylon push-in rivet commonly found in automotive applications. The exact type I settled on is used on Toyota and can be found at your local auto parts store. These push-ins use a 1/4" hole and provide a large open loop on the opposite side that can be utilized in attaching the pull cord.

QodeSOU.jpg

QOPNjrQ.jpg

CrsSN7g.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now that is a good way of doing it
Will have to see if similar clips are available down here at a reasonable price
Thanks for sharing.

Born2Mow

Threads
I was looking at the "push retainers" at my local O'Reilly Auto Parts and they had 2 sizes marked "Toyota". I simply happened to choose the larger diameter marked for under-hood insulation. There is another style available with a 3/8 inch dia head intended for plastic panels in the trunk area. I chose the larger head thinking it might last longer since these things need to withstand the blast of debris coming out the chute.

The main thing for me was to get the central hole, so I'd have the pull-string attach point. There are hundreds of available "push retainers", but very few have the hole.

Last edited: