Everride Won't Start

lmike51b

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Everride 44 inch zero turn (YJ44) mower with a 20HP Kohler Courage (SV710). Has about 50 hours on it. (Hour meter not working now either. Not sure if it is a related issue or if I have done something to it while trying to fix the non-running issue.) It quit while mowing. Thought it was out if gas, so I switched tanks. Restarted it, it ran for about 5 seconds and quit. Started checking things out, but cranked it enough to deplete the original 4+ year old battery, so I put a new battery in it. Checked the fuel pump at the carburetor. It has fuel going to the carburetor Checked the air filter to be sure it does not need to be replaced. Replaced the spark plugs and checked for spark using an inline test light. I have spark. Took the pin out of the carburetor solenoid, in case it was stuck and preventing fuel flow. Taking the pin out did not make any difference, so I put it back in. If I work the throttle from min to max a few times and crank it, I can smell gas and it seems like it fires and wants to start. But I cannot get it to start and run. I am stuck and frustrated, any ideas?