Ever happen to you like that?

Harriet

Threads
For about four years now, I've been brainstorming different ways to deal with landscaping around our deck area. The other day I had the dog out for a walk and a very simple and inexpensive solution just came to me! I wasn't even really thinking about it, it just "came" to me. Ever happen to you like that?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
For about four years now, I've been brainstorming different ways to deal with landscaping around our deck area. The other day I had the dog out for a walk and a very simple and inexpensive solution just came to me! I wasn't even really thinking about it, it just "came" to me. Ever happen to you like that?

Yes, it has...it's weird sometimes, you try to concentrate on solving a problem and the solution just will not come into mind, then you do something unrelated and the way to resolve the issue just pops out at you. About three years ago I was trying to install some long deck post screws at a strange angle where the railings interfered with getting the drill screwdriver bits on, I got really frustrated and gave up. A day or two later I was using a ratchet wrench on my mower to remove a spark plug, the light went on in my head "use this and a set of extension bars and a screwdriver bit socket to drive those screws"...

I felt kind of dumb for not thinking of it sooner.....:ashamed:

173abn

Threads
I tend to plan things out and get solutions to problems when I jog,I guess exercise unclogs my brain and burns the carbon out. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I tend to plan things out and get solutions to problems when I jog,I guess exercise unclogs my brain and burns the carbon out. russ

"Burns the carbon out...." Time to switch to unleaded fuel....:laughing:. Yup I know what you mean about exercise giving your mind stimulation, a lot of times when I am doing something like shoveling snow or cutting firewood, or pushing a mower, I come up with all sorts of ideas and random thoughts. Problem is, most of them never amount to a d---. :laughing:

BGC

Threads
Unfortunately, it happens to me all the time. The harder I think about something the less likely I am to get the solution so I relax and wham it hits me like a brick bat.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have solved more complex problems in my sleep than while awake... If I deliberately think about something while going to sleep, I will have the solution when I wake... The "sleep on it" saying really works for me.
No matter if it is an electronic or mechanical problem... It will be worked out when I wake...
But then I do enjoy dreams ... :smile:KennyV

Shaun

Threads
I wish the sleep on it trick worked better for me! I do find that if I am struggling to find an answer for somethinng that if I leave it for awhile a solution will come to me.

Harriet

Threads
"Burns the carbon out" when you exercise, eh? (You mower guys have a one track mind!) Usually if I sleep on it and "recharge my battery" (I've gone green....) and relax my mind, I'm more open to creative solutions. :smile: