Ever had one of those weeks (or 2)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seems everything I touched last week, turned into tar babies. They come in with simple repairs. Mostly 1/2hr jobs, and turn into several hours.

Had a John Deere that simply had a wiring harness come unplugged. Fixed that, and stored it around back. Was driving it around to load up, and the fuel line collapsed.

Another needed a carb and servicing. Was loading it up today, when the grommet on the fuel tank started leaking.

Simple service & deck bearing replacement on a Gravely, turned into a nightmare.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't sound like a bad week. Any week that doesn't leave you $1-2K poorer is a good week.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seems everything I touched last week, turned into tar babies. They come in with simple repairs. Mostly 1/2hr jobs, and turn into several hours.

Had a John Deere that simply had a wiring harness come unplugged. Fixed that, and stored it around back. Was driving it around to load up, and the fuel line collapsed.

Another needed a carb and servicing. Was loading it up today, when the grommet on the fuel tank started leaking.

Simple service & deck bearing replacement on a Gravely, turned into a nightmare.
Welcome to the wonderful world of equipment repair my friend. That's not a bad week. It is a normal week.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes equipment do come in with multiple borderline problem with one standing out. And when you are in hurry you miss the minor ones but if you they bite you before delivery.

It like the Hustler Super Z that been in the shop 4x now. All for electrical problems caused by a DIYer patching up things. First a blade bolt over tighten and the hex rounded off using a 12 pt socket next was the voltage regulator terminals being loose, then the starter trigger wire fell off. And just this last the PTO clutch failed to work, yet again another wiring issue. Too bad the customer brought a new Hustler PTO for me to install. Now he has a spare clutch.

And just I had one to show up with a 16ft trailer loaded down with equipment for me to repair. One Tiger Cat, Super Z, several trimmers, backpack blower, and a chainsaw. Got my work cut out for the next week at least. The Tiger Cat is the one that going to be expensive to fix as it has a $2100 wheel motor bad; that is if I was using the Scag part. I will going with an Oregon after market as the customer just want it fix for resell. Otherwise I would gone with the Hydro Gear motor. It is same motor, it just I get a better discount from HG.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes equipment do come in with multiple borderline problem with one standing out. And when you are in hurry you miss the minor ones but if you they bite you before delivery.

It wouldn't be so bad if the problem that showed up just as it's about to leave, was an easy fix. But oh noooo, it's gotta be a complicated long drawn out fix.