Engine won't start--I've think I've tried everything...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Engine won't start--I've think I've tried everything...
I have worn out one and am working on fitting a transponder to an old washing tub
The first one did not have a heater so it was a 30 minute wash.
That cleans up old caarb like new
Dipping in solvent cleaners was always done overnight cold.
last thing before locking up first thing to be done in the morning.

Luffydog

Threads
Get a jewelry cleaner from harbor freight they work good and cost less I have had one now for about 5 or 6 years with a heater with no issues

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My first ultrasonic cleaner was a small low power one. Not that impressed. Now i have a commercial grade one with sweep and degas functions. Night and day difference. I used to dip carbs. The OLD Gunk or Berryman cans of parts dip were awesome. Removed everything including paint. The new $hit is worthless.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My first ultrasonic cleaner was a small low power one. Not that impressed. Now i have a commercial grade one with sweep and degas functions. Night and day difference. I used to dip carbs. The OLD Gunk or Berryman cans of parts dip were awesome. Removed everything including paint. The new $hit is worthless.

Before I got my US, I used the Barryman's. But I'd place it on top of the A/C compressor, in the sun. Every time the house AC would kick on, it would agitate. By the end of the day, it was done. Except I never had much luck with the dip. It never did a fabulous job. Just sort of little above average.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You must have been using the new stuff. The good stuff i used was 30 years or so ago.