Engine wont prime gas

rigoletto

Threads
You need repair kit part number 498260 if you want to replace the entire carb it is part number 799868

Big Thanks, Il!! Now, just for curiosity, How would someone like me find that out? I mean, no such # was on the carb........

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No you won't use all the parts. This kit fits some of the older engines that had adjustable idle jets, as well as the newer non adjustable carbs. I suspect you won't use the fuel adustment valves, or the cork looking air cleaner gasket.

rigoletto

Threads
No you won't use all the parts. This kit fits some of the older engines that had adjustable idle jets, as well as the newer non adjustable carbs. I suspect you won't use the fuel adustment valves, or the cork looking air cleaner gasket.

Thanks. Good to know. Time to place order.

rigoletto

Threads
Thanks. Good to know. Time to place order.

Well, finally got the kit and installed a new seat, and a couple of gaskets, along with o ring. Still no priming capability. I did check to see if the float was level when placed upside down, and it was, so that first got me excited. But, to no avail, as still bulb does not prime gas. Dang. Now what? Guess I could order a new filter housing(?). Nothing else to do, right, people?

rigoletto

Threads
Sheesh, good thing it's not cutting season!

I popped out the seat, but al the shops nearby are out of business! So, figured Id order it online, but I dont know the exact carb # I have. But, I have these numbers, people:

On the plate above the muffler is : 125K02-0243-E1 (space) 03081157. I believe thats the model # for the Briggs engine. Should that be enough to identify the carburetor? Now, on the carb itself, are #'s: 6150, also 2183. also 8105, also 214122. So many #'s!

If someone here can let me know, I can order a kit.

Thanks

With the above engine codes, which part # should I order for the housing? Reply appreciated. Man, this project is taking forever.......

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are two air cleaner bases that were used on that model of engine. fortunately both bases supercede to part number 795259