Engine will not RUN or Start

jmffmedic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman model 247203744 tractor it's 6 yrs old. I have do all the routine work faithfully. This year I changed the oil and mowed the lawn a few times without issue. A few weeks ago it started to blow white smoke out the exhaust, I noticed the oil looked like it was mixed with fuel. I changed the oil and ran the tractor fine. Fast forward to last week, I mowed half my lawn stopped for an hour, the tractor wouldn't start again. It has enough power to turn over but it won't.
I have changed the plug still no starting.
took the carburetor off and sprayed cleaner in it NO LUCK.
starting fluid into the air in take and the tractor fires but dies right away.
Please help me!!!! do I need a new Carberator??? I am not that mechanical so this needs to be relatively easy.
Thank you
the Engine is a Briggs and Stratton 19hp GOLD+ MRS

semimechanicman

Threads
I have a craftsman model 247203744 tractor it's 6 yrs old. I have do all the routine work faithfully. This year I changed the oil and mowed the lawn a few times without issue. A few weeks ago it started to blow white smoke out the exhaust, I noticed the oil looked like it was mixed with fuel. I changed the oil and ran the tractor fine. Fast forward to last week, I mowed half my lawn stopped for an hour, the tractor wouldn't start again. It has enough power to turn over but it won't.
I have changed the plug still no starting.
took the carburetor off and sprayed cleaner in it NO LUCK.
starting fluid into the air in take and the tractor fires but dies right away.
Please help me!!!! do I need a new Carberator??? I am not that mechanical so this needs to be relatively easy.
Thank you
the Engine is a Briggs and Stratton 19hp GOLD+ MRS
I feel like something is wrong with the fuel solenoid and it isn’t closing or opening properly, try to see if it is clean or maybe just replace it if you want.

jmffmedic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I feel like something is wrong with the fuel solenoid and it isn’t closing or opening properly, try to see if it is clean or maybe just replace it if you want.
Where is that?? LOL.. how would I check it??? LOL

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We need you to do a couple of things. First, check the oil condition and level again. If it smells like gas and is over the level mark, you have a problem with the float needle not seating which means time to have the carb cleaned and rebuilt. Second, if the oil level is good and doesn’t smell like gas, you need to check for spark on both cylinders. If no spark, post back with your findings and we tell you how to proceed. When you post back, please include the model, type and code numbers, which you should find on the valve cover.

semimechanicman

Threads
Where is that?? LOL.. how would I check it??? LOL
Take the carb off and it would be the thing that looks like this on the bottom of the fuel bowl

Attachments

• 48833427-1C6E-4107-9C49-062550115B18.jpeg
    48833427-1C6E-4107-9C49-062550115B18.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 2