engine trouble

I was cutting, it got bogged down so I stopped and switched off blades, it continued to run rough for a few seconds then cut off. I tried to start it and it turned over a few times but did not crank then just the noise in video: https://flic.kr/p/nKnLgs

I have been told the noise sounds like I need a new starter (clutch not engaging) but this would not explain symptoms above would it? Should I replace starter and go from there?
 
I was cutting, it got bogged down so I stopped and switched off blades, it continued to run rough for a few seconds then cut off. I tried to start it and it turned over a few times but did not crank then just the noise in video: https://flic.kr/p/nKnLgs I have been told the noise sounds like I need a new starter (clutch not engaging) but this would not explain symptoms above would it? Should I replace starter and go from there?

Sounds like you broke the starter gear.

Very easy to fix and under $5
 
Back
Top