Export thread

engine swap

T

tonymsanchez

I have a Tecumseh 13.5 hp., engine.I want to swap out engines .What is compatible, for an engine swap out. I heard bolt pattern and shaft size is important.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Engine model numbers will help.

Shaft size and length are of most importance, most mounting patterns are standardized. And take wiring, and cable length into consideration, depending on the application.

Is your engine any of these, http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/Repower-Old-Equipment/Repower-Tecumseh/

B

Buttanic

I have a rear engine rider with a worn out B&S. I also have an 18HP Kohler take off from a Toro front engine tractor. It look like it would be a tight fit but until I get the B&S off I can't be sure. Anyone have any thoughts.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I have a rear engine rider with a worn out B&S. I also have an 18HP Kohler take off from a Toro front engine tractor. It look like it would be a tight fit but until I get the B&S off I can't be sure. Anyone have any thoughts.

Start your own thread. This will only confuse others attempting to answer the OP

tom3

tom3

That 13.5hp motor a vertical or horizontal shaft?

B

Buttanic

Start your own thread. This will only confuse others attempting to answer the OP

Sorry, done.

B

Bkupmstr

Pay attention to the exhaust also
Swapped mine from an 8 to a 15 and th exhaust was the only issue